My first 5k!!!

Options
ken_hogan
ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
Just registered for my first 5K...a Turkey Trot in November. I'm planning to get one in before then, just a little nervous but excited at the same time...just wanted to share!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• thenoxus1
    thenoxus1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the runner's world! I have my first 5K since high school ( 4-5 years) next weekend. I've been slowly getting into shape for it the last few months. I also just registered for my first half-marathon ever in October. Feel free to add if you need a runner friend. Good luck with the training!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm coming up on one year since my first 5k race, and I'm running the same one again on Saturday! Racing is a blast, and a great goal to keep you motivated in your running. Have fun!
  • bongochick45
    bongochick45 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Mine will be in September! You can do it!
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Signing up for one helped me to actually work harder at getting ready. You can do it!!!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Have fun, but if I may recommend....don't start at the front of the pack.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Be warned... You might get addicted. Best of luck and have a blast.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    So cool! You'll be so proud of yourself when you cross that finish line!
  • jjones62301
    jjones62301 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my first 5K in 10 days....The Color Blaze!!! I was nervous when I signed up back in January, but as long as you train for it you'll do fine! I'm more than ready for mine!!!
  • bullsfan22
    bullsfan22 Posts: 104
    Options
    Mine is July 20th, 2 days before my birthday. Right now I can run for about 20 mins non-stop so I would say just a few more weeks of training I should be there. My goal is to not stop through the whole run and I am doing this with my sister who will be my support through it.

Good luck to you.
  • nurit1979
    nurit1979 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I signed up for the color run on July 13th. I can't run a 5k yet so I plan to just walk and jog the whole thing. I am pretty out of shape still, but I signed up for it to keep some accountability and it works :)
  • mctucker82
    mctucker82 Posts: 5
    Options
    I just signed up for my first too!!!! very scared but SUPER excited!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm doing a Color Run 5K in October! Couch to 5K here I come!!!!: bigsmile:
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Be warned... You might get addicted. Best of luck and have a blast.

Very true; I started the C25K program back in January, planning to be ready to run a 5k at a Y camp I took my kids to earlier this month. I was ready and ran it and running has now become my primary exercise. I run 5k in about 30 minutes now and do it 3 times a week. I am 54 and was huffing and puffing after a couple of flights of stairs at the beginning of the year (I was also carrying more than 40# of extra baggage up those stairs though). Get on a program and stick with it.
  • jessichri
    jessichri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've signed up for the color run but thats not until the end of the year sadly! I'm hoping to sign up for more but none in my area that aren't crazy scary obstacle courses for super fit people. lol I might just sign up for one anyway and have fun trying!

Good luck to you!!
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Awesome, they are like tattoos once you do one, you can't get enough of them!
  • stacw1987
    stacw1987 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'll never forget when I did my first 5K! It's the BEST feeling ever! Best of luck and enjoy training :-D
  • acegrassmasters
    acegrassmasters Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have registered for my first 5k in September. I will be walking this one cause I'm out of shape and haven't run since high school
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Last time I ever 'seriously' ran was cross country my sophmore year of high school 28 years ago or so...lol!!