P90X Stories and Pics?

Options
Does anybody have any before/after pics from doing P90x? Also any feedback and advice would be appreciated. Planning on starting P90X myself and any pointers would be very helpful.

I'll post my before pics tonight.

Thanks,
-Craig

Replies

• cwdrake
    cwdrake Posts: 3
    Options
    Posted before pictures on my profile. Haven't figured out how to attach them to a post yet. I am starting at 6'0" and 222 lbs. Hoping to ultimately get down to around 180 lbs. Would like to see some before and after pics of real people who have completed P90X for some motivation.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    P90X is what I started with four years ago. I did it for reasons not usually associated with it, I was trying to gain weight. Long story short, I did it, ate like a horse, and it worked. In the first 120 days I gained 11 pounds while keeping my body fat the same (I ate at a MASSIVE surplus). I had to skip nearly a month due to injury not related to the program.

I did a second cycle of it with more moderate bulking success, but did add about four more pounds while cutting body fat.

Eventually I moved on to other things that were more geared toward the weight gain I needed, but I'll always be grateful for the start that the program gave me. I still use some of the exercises I first learned there, integrating them with the other work I do. In four years I've gained almost 30 pounds while dropping my body fat to the 8-10% level full time.

You are much more the target audience for which P90X will work than I was. I feel like the target audience is guys like yourself that need some work dropping weight and firming up, and women who are already in decent shape but want to incorporate weight bearing exercise to get hot. It's not for hard core bulking or muscle gain, but it is a great all around general fitness program. As long as you continue to push yourself, it will work. It still works on some level for me today.
  • slarrington
    Options
    Hi there! I am 1/3 of the way done with P90X. I have seen a ton of before/after pics on teambeachbody.com. I am on here because I have not seen more than 2 lbs weight loss yet....not sure if I need to adjust my caloric intake or what. I was recommended coming on her to input my eating plan and see what the ratios were...proteins/fat/carbs/sugar, etc. I am still confused. I will say however, I have lost 2 inches so far in waist and hips and it is going well. I will hang in there and complete the program....stay tuned for my pics!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    My husband and I did p90x last year. Honestly, I did everything to the best of my ability (when I started there was NO WAY I could do a pull up, lol!) And while my ability increased...I didn't see major results or anything. I have gotten much more toned in the last 4 months from free weights than I did with p90x. I also didn't lose anything, but my diet wasn't great then either. I think its a decent program, and I did see some results, but nothing major.
  • wheelsjad
    wheelsjad Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    search for p90x in the groups, there are all kinds of threads and stories there
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Pictures in my profile are before and afters. I've done 3 rounds all together with hybrids in top of that. Never did pull ups only used bands and my arms and back looked amazing just from that!!! Good luck
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My friend lost of a lot of weight and toned up after doing P90x ... he did it twice and then started other TeamBeachBody products like Insanity and BodyBeast ... he has his storyand pics up at http://thefitcrew.com