Replies

• tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    This is a really intense thread
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    its probably nothing to worry about. it might've been something you ate since poop comes in a rainbow of colors depending on what you've been eating, it might be because youre not producing enough bile (what makes it brown). again wouldn't be too worried at this time since that might pass (hrhrhr) but if it continues id go see a doctor to get it checked out.

that is true. beetroot poo has resulted in people dialling 999. Apparently beetroot can colour your pee as well.

once and had a panic when there was a bloody poo in the toilet.....then i remembered I had eaten and drunk the juice of a jar of pickled beetroot the night before while very drunk hahahaha
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    nphpoop_zps6fe30c3a.gif

AHAHAHAHAHA!!! Hilarious, really.
  • disobedientkitteh
    Options
    I'm curious as to why this is under "Food and Nutrition"....
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I looked up something similar on WebMD once. It told me I was pregnant.
  • milesvictors
    milesvictors Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan and when I eat more heavily on the fruits and veggies and less on the nuts and grains my stools are a lighter color. It is usually a sign of good intestinal health and that you are digesting things well. The dark color of stool is usually due to undigested nutrients.
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    at least its not black! that could be very bad ( in poop)

That normally means there is a lot of iron in you're diet.
    you get black poo if you're on iron tablets,I've been on them for both pregnancies and they mad it black.
  • Ogirl07
    Ogirl07 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Haha I love how (most) male responses are "Ewww poop" or making some snarky remark. While (most) female responses are constructive.

That being said, as a mom I have seen it in all shades and I wouldn't worry unless it was accompanied by other symptoms. If you are feeling unwell in other areas, then as Scrubs sang "Check the Poo" :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnIk0npINiE
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    if in every other regard you feel completely normal, it's prolly just due to any changes in what you've eaten over the last day or so. otherwise, if it goes beyond 3-4 days, call/see a nurse/dr just in case it's something more serious.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to why this is under "Food and Nutrition"....

Because poop is food. And contains nutrients. Food and nutrition!
  • qboudica
    qboudica Posts: 1
    Options
    My dad asked his doctor once why his poop sometimes floats and sometimes sinks and the doctor said it didnt mean anything, it's just based on whatever you ate. :glasses:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Were the WebMD servers down this morning or are we just wanting to compare poop today?

Haha - this was my pondering as well.

Hey, don't be a party pooper!
  • EvilFeevil
    EvilFeevil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Did you know that taking Pepto-Bismol can cause your dookie to be dark green? Yes, pink = green, apparently. (Ask the Googles if you must know why. Hint: bile.)
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    To rule out illness, liver issues , etc. Contact your doctor for a checkup and ask if they need a specimen sample. Always take caution when something is outside the norm. A doctors visit should assist in ruling out issues while giving you an explanation of your current condition.:smile::smile:
  • JHarr454
    JHarr454 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My dad asked his doctor once why his poop sometimes floats and sometimes sinks and the doctor said it didnt mean anything, it's just based on whatever you ate. :glasses:

That is without question a matter of density :)
  • JHarr454
    JHarr454 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    To the OP, if it concerns you, just drink some grape Crush. It will green your poop right quick. In fact, I'm doing it right now and looking forward to the results.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    HILARIOUS!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Did you wash your hands afterwards?
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Someone obviously missed the hour long "Dr. Oz Poop Spectacular"
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Were the WebMD servers down this morning or are we just wanting to compare poop today?

LMAO!