after you lost weight...did you become more mean?!!

Options
manoozo
manoozo Posts: 156 Member
is it just me, or some people when they lose weight they turn to these mean ,envious, self-caring, high ego creatures.!!! even though they used to be very friendly and funny and good....
cuz this happened with me couple of times, i mean!! they just change!!! and they think they are prettier ,healthier and better than anyone else, and instead of just loving themselves, they turn to over loving themselves too much...you know!! like the only person they should be taking care of is themselves....that's just saaaad :(
am i turning like this if i lose weight!!! :(
did this ever happen to you?!!!

Replies

• rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    lol maybe they're just hungry?
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    A few years ago, I lost some extra lbs and was in the best shape of my life. I feel like it made me happier with myself, and in turn, I wanted to be able to make other people feel great about themselves too. Instead of feeling envious of a beautiful woman, I was confident enough in myself to compliment her and make her feel good about herself. I especially wanted to compliment women who I could tell felt like me prior to getting into great shape.

It made me want to better other people. As far as observing other people who have lost weight- I can't really say that I've experienced anyone becoming mean... there are some who already were though :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    That's what my family says. That I'm more mean and selfish too.
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    "More mean" no. "Meaner" yes. As in writing this post to point out an improper use of a comparative. :happy:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    No, I've always been mean.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

That's not true.
    She's the nicest, most supportive person I know..
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options

You stole my line. Stupid b!tch.

:laugh:
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm a lot less willing to put up with peoples *kitten* if that makes me mean oh well
  • manoozo
    Options
    A few years ago, I lost some extra lbs and was in the best shape of my life. I feel like it made me happier with myself, and in turn, I wanted to be able to make other people feel great about themselves too. Instead of feeling envious of a beautiful woman, I was confident enough in myself to compliment her and make her feel good about herself. I especially wanted to compliment women who I could tell felt like me prior to getting into great shape.

It made me want to better other people. As far as observing other people who have lost weight- I can't really say that I've experienced anyone becoming mean... there are some who already were though :)
    i can tell you're a good person, and i have met people like you in my life (and i'm thankful such people exist), but there are jut other people who want you to feel inferior and that they've done the impossible and you'll never do what they did!!! makes me very mad!!!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    When I was fat I was always nice to people because I didn't have much else.

Now I can be honest with them because I have more self-worth and don't care what they think of me.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    i'm not more mean per se.

however, I am very brusque and cut to the chase, I don't mollycoddle and I won't hold your hand.

Mostly because that never worked for me and it took years of being over sensitive about my weight and ability to figure out that my sensitivity was standing in my way....

so I got "mean" aka honest with myself and it worked.

why wouldn't I be "mean" aka honest with everyone else too now?

maybe it'll save them some time that I wasted.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Nope. My family tells me im way too happy now :happy:
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I am more of an @sshole then mean....
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i haven't lost enough weight to trigger the meanness
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Not mean... I get tingly more in my lady parts. Thus I want all the menz!
  • manoozo
    Options
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool to all of you guys :D
    and i actually respect people who are mean, and they play mean....and i hate people who are playing nice and good, but they're probably the most selfish mean person existed :D
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Well Santa Clause is fat for a reason.
    Mean people don't get cookies.
  • manoozo
    Options
    some of you guys made me have another perspective, i didn't know that...
    but i don't think i'm turning mean...simply cuz i know it hurts, and i know people have enough problems too
    so with respect to all of you....i'm sticking with nice :)
  • manoozo
    Options
    Well Santa Clause is fat for a reason.
    Mean people don't get cookies.
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool you got that right :D
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i was a ginger when i was at my heaviest and i'll be a ginger at my most fit. so, i'm just evil. but i'm ok with that.