Military 3 day diet

Options
I was looking around on Pinterest and came across this diet plan. I looked at it and it seems like a it would be doable for only three days. However, I was wondering if anyone has actually tried it and did it work. And to you military folks...is this something used in the service? Any imput would be appreciated.

Kim

Replies

• Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You would have to link more information on it. Unless you are eating 3 MRE's in 3 days...that may constitute a "military diet"...because eating MREs will expel everything in your gut including that hot dog that's been lingering in your colon since 1991. Possibly making you shed weight in the same fashion as stomach flu. We honestly don't have meal plans in the military, just a chow hall with a fast food line and a main meal line...nothing special.

mre-contents-800.jpg
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    It's extremely unhealthy, unnecessary, and counter productive.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    You lost me on diet.... that right there says will not last do much or help in fact most peple gain more weight back than what they lost
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Temporary diet = temporary results.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Forget it, it's ridiculous.

Just do things the proper way. Eat at a moderate caloric deficit, exercise your body, and have a bit of patience.
  • WhaddoWino
    WhaddoWino Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You would have to link more information on it. Unless you are eating 3 MRE's in 3 days...that may constitute a "military diet"...because eating MREs will expel everything in your gut including that hot dog that's been lingering in your colon since 1991. Possibly making you shed weight in the same fashion as stomach flu. We honestly don't have meal plans in the military, just a chow hall with a fast food line and a main meal line...nothing special.

mre-contents-800.jpg

Ha! This is great... awesome visual too!
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

mre-contents-800.jpg

Ha! This is great... awesome visual too!

I will add this...

After eating these for 2 months straight, one of two things happened. You were either constipated beyond all belief or running to the port-a-potty/forest frequently, at break-neck speed.

harry-dumb-dumber-toilet-o.gif
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Aren't the MRE's a 1000 calories each?
  • weightwatcher_girl
    weightwatcher_girl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Is this the 3 day diet where you eat saltines, tuna, hot dogs, ice cream, etc.? It's been around for years under different names. I've tried it in the past when I really wanted to 'kickstart' things, but it's rubbish. I lost about 4lbs in the 3 days and put it back on when I started eating 'normally'. What's the point?!

This review of it sums it up pretty well: http://pintester.com/2013/05/3-day-military-diet/
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I love MREs, I used to trade my candy for more rice pilaf haha...
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    It has absolute nothing to do with the military, it's just a really stupid diet.
  • kimbtaylor1
    kimbtaylor1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Ok...thank you all for your input. Like I said I was researching it and just wanted more info. I had to go on a diet when I was trying to join the Marines way back in the day to get my weight down before MEPS but I didn't recall it being like this. That diet didn't work either. The good thing is they were able to use my BMI so I was accepted without weight loss......only to be rejected at MEPS :(. Any ways thank you all for the information.
  • shaye1984
    shaye1984 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I tried this diet about a month ago with a friend. I lost 5 lbs in the 3 days. She lost 4 I think. I have another friend that just did it also and she lost 9.5 lbs the first week and 8.5 the second. I tried it for a second time this week but was only able to go for a day and a half before I got so hungry and ended up binging.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I was looking around on Pinterest and came across this diet plan. I looked at it and it seems like a it would be doable for only three days. However, I was wondering if anyone has actually tried it and did it work. And to you military folks...is this something used in the service? Any imput would be appreciated.

Kim

I was in the Marine Corps...I ate upwards of 4,000 - 5,000 calories per day depending. When you're in the military, you're generally training your *kitten* off...no way you'd be able to do **** on the "military diet"
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Aren't the MRE's a 1000 calories each?

Closer to 2000 - 2500 if you consume everything in the package. The tuna and noodles were my favorite 'cuz they came with the little bottle of tobacco. I also liked making explosives with the heaters.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Wait, wait, wait...MRE's always constipated me to no end....did they finally up the "grease" factor?
  • jenswan70
    jenswan70 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I used this as a kick start once after I had a baby and my brother needed to lose wait to join the Navy. I lost 10 lbs and continued losing once I began eating reasonable meals. I think I ended up losing 30 lbs.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    RMCaQ5p.gif
  • McBatty
    McBatty Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I tried it! It certainly works and I didn't feel bad doing it. The only thing that stunk was some of the meals are very tasteless and dry. But its only three days. I lost 5 pounds in a week! And I'm pretty tiny so its even more for taller/ thicker people. i absolutely would recommend it though great way to jumpstart weight loss!
  • TriciaLB
    TriciaLB Posts: 24
    Options
    I tried this a few weeks ago but I didn't follow it religiously, I made a lot of substitutions. I ate chicken instead of tuna, bell peppers, instead of broccoli, etc. I wasn't that hungry, it actually taught me that I've been feeding myself way more than I really need just out of habit. I lost 3 pounds in 3 days and haven't regained it, and it's encouraged me to make some healthier choices regarding portion sizes.