Protein - Ideas

Options
tejaae
tejaae Posts: 12 Member
Hey guys,

I'm looking for ideas to up my protein intake without destroying my calories :)
I was told I need to eat more protein - 1400 cals a day.

Lately been eating:
B - Shredded wheat with Almond Milk & Berries
S - Fruit
L - Salad w/ White Meat and Popchips (sometimes do sandwich instead of salad - lot more lately)
S - 1 piece dark chocolate (3pm crash)
D - Grilled meat/fish with veggies (sometimes add in a starch)

Thanks.

Replies

• ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    What is your protein goal? what is your daily protein consumption currently?
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese
    Yogurt (watch out for added sugar)
    whey powder
    Milk
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    Greek yogurt, all meats, eggs, nuts, milk, whey protein....is the first few things that come to mind.
  • viragoeap
    viragoeap Posts: 107
    Options
    Lean proteins work for me. Turkey, chicken and white fish are my favouirites. They can be made more interesting with a light sauce.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi :

This question comes quite often.

I suggest you check the "search" link at Home>Recent Post>My Topics>Settings> Search

Here is the latest thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/962098-i-need-some-protein-ideas?hl=Protein+ideas#posts-14676261

Good luck in your journey
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    egg whites, cottage cheese, low fat string cheese wrapped in turkey, greek yogurt....
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Lean meats like chicken breasts, turkey.
    Special K Protein cereal is adding some for me.
    Eggs, low-fat cheese
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    love yogurt, boiled eggs , sardines,peanut butter,milk and a protein shake,cottage cheese,lentils
  • ajstacey
    ajstacey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter, quinoa. Not together!:smile:
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Being creative with your protein isn't too hard when you know your options.

My usual go to for high protein is as follows:

Breakfast - 1 cup egg whites scrambled with 1 tbsp skim milk and 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella (skim 0% low moisture)
    Snack - 1/2 cup 0% plain greek yogurt with 1/2 scoop chocolate protein and 1/2 cup raspberries & 1 skim mozzarella cheese string
    Lunch - 4 oz steak (low marbling, marinating steak seems to be the lowest fat) with 1/2 cup of shredded rainbow salad (red cabbage, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli) cooked in pan with no fats (the juices from the meat and moisture from the veggies cooks everything really well in a teflon pan with a lid)
    Snack - 1/2 cup 0% plain greek yogurt with 1/2 scoop chocolate protein and 1/2 cup raspberries & 1 skim mozzarella cheese string
    Dinner - 4 oz steak (low marbling, marinating steak seems to be the lowest fat) with 1/2 cup of shredded rainbow salad (red cabbage, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli) cooked in pan with no fats (the juices from the meat and moisture from the veggies cooks everything really well in a teflon pan with a lid)
    Dessert - 1/2 cup 0% plain greek yogurt with 1/2 scoop chocolate protein and 1/2 cup raspberries & 1 skim mozzarella cheese string
    After Workout - 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries, 1/2 raw medium banana, 1 cup skim milk, 1 scoop chocolate protein and some ice blended.

This leaves me with over 200g protein and about 100g less carbs than protein. You can substitute regular salad with a low fat dressing for the rainbow salad (of course the regular salad would not be cooked haha, and I personally use a 50/50 spring mix or Super Green mix).

I love this menu for myself, I like all the foods in it and it's super easy to make everything to eat and to bring it with me anywhere so it is my go-to. Hope it gives you a good idea to work from :)