Today I...*gasp*

Options

Replies

• aimee8905
    aimee8905 Posts: 3
    Options
    This might be my favorite post I've ever read. LIBERATING. =)
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Just brilliant!! Way to go! :drinker:
  • tinalacy502
    tinalacy502 Posts: 10
    Options
    LOl!!! This is awesome!
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    dont run like a crazy white girl through the parking lot...

Ill run my fat *kitten* through this parking lot like the idiot that I am...

Not the most awesome success thats been posted but its pretty cool for me ;-)

bwah ha ha ha @ the first two lines... thanks for the chuckle.

And Amen sister, rock on, and go you for claiming that non-scale victory!
  • sabinavaughan
    sabinavaughan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I thought that was fantastic...cause I do the same thing! You're doing great!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    This is so funny! The other day after a walk, I felt like running. I didn't actually do it, but I really wanted to and maybe next time I will. Keep in mind that I am 51 years old and have always hated to run!!
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Go go go!!!
  • kara2
    kara2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    This is the best success story I have read in a long time. Way to go.!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    jesus-lizard-o.gif

this is me running through the parking lot to my car when it is raining
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm not one for running, just for the sake of exercise. Instead I toss some funky jams on my MP3 player and dance/run...much more fun for me and more intensive exercise too. It really gets my heart rate up when the jams are jammin' heavy, cuz I can't help but shake my bum more. :D

However, yesterday I took a side trip on my way home from a work trip...took me to Madison, WI and I was on my way home to MI. I know of a lovely state park just north of the Indiana/Michigan state line...right on the Lake Michigan shore. There's a beautiful, extremely uninterrupted shoreline/beach there. I treated myself to some sand running and walking and just listening to the waves and the birds. I played a game of running in and out of the waves, to try to avoid my knee length shorts from getting wet. It was a great workout and also very meditative.

I burned a lot of calories and put myself in such a peaceful state of mind. I think I'll make this one of my regular activities, whenever I'm near the big waters. :)

Anyway, I meant to say...ha ha...life is so much more fun when you don't give a fig what others will think of you when you are doing activities that make you feel good. Your run across the parking lot was a great step toward doing something that was great for you, without caring what others might think it looked like. :)
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Pretty COOL!
  • jessichri
    jessichri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I did this at work a bit ago. People were all either standing under the awning waiting for the storm to pass (wasn't going to anytime soon) or walking slowly with their heads down and I decided... "Forget you people its time to go home!!" So I popped off my heels and ran my happy *kitten* to my car. I may have been soaked and looked silly but those jerks can suck it. :P

Go you! Confidence is awesome!!!
  • kimjmay
    kimjmay Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate.....run like no one is watching!!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    You know what - that is a HUGE success! When you have victory over ANYTHING that has held you back in the past, that is SUCCESS! Celebrate it! Congratulations!
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the smile!

I'm sitting here trying to remember the last time I ran anywhere ... and I can't. One day though, I'll run again. Boobs flying everywhere, thighs jiggling, although hopefully not too much. I won't care. It will be glorious.

This is me. I make sure to wear a bra, then a sports bra, and a fitted tank. But you know what, it IS glorious. And the feeling of not caring what anyone thinks and knowing that you're bettering yourself is the only part that matters.

HIGH FIVE OP! Run to that car! :flowerforyou:
  • alain0207
    alain0207 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This reminded me of the Phoebe running episode on "Friends", she ran like a crazy woman and said "who cares who is looking at me, I run like I ran when I was little"
    GOOD FOR YOU! and for having the confidence to do what you wanted :)
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! You made me smile this morning. Best post ever IMO :) Keep on keepin' on! :drinker:
  • NeverTooLateForChange
    NeverTooLateForChange Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I don't know you but I am so proud of you. You are awesome!:smile:
  • popseye69
    popseye69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I laughed at this and then thought what was I laughing at because that sounds like something I would totally do. Kuddos to you for getting that extra workout. YEAH to you!!!:laugh:
  • autopilot_on
    autopilot_on Posts: 388
    Options
    The best NSV I've read in a long time. It made me smile. Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!