The key to successful weight loss

Options
One of my MFP buddies shared this video with me and I had to pass it on. This is a Ted Talk about the psychology of weight loss - why so many struggle with it and what makes some succeed.

http://youtu.be/NWfqBy4sSD8

Key point in is: "Weight loss is not about eating less. It's about thinking differently."

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I haven't watched it yet, but the key point is so true for me. It's such a mental game, honestly. Changing my diet has not been hard - it's the lifelong commitment to it is what gets to me. My diet is not restrictive at all, but it can longer be the free wheeling, cheese-dipping, frozen food conundrum it once was.
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    thanks for the link - I love TED!!!
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I will watch later. Thanks for sharing.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    bump to watch later
  • pilarter
    pilarter Posts: 49
    Options
    bump for later
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    A very interesting video. I agree with pretty much everything she proposed; indeed, I've found my own path to success by following the same basic guidelines.

The only thing I take issue with is the fact that she started the talk by asserting that the ideas that "calories in < calories out" and "eat less, move more" are "wrong" when it comes to weight loss; these two points really ARE the ultimate crux of the matter.

All of her suggestions/tips essentially produce the same basic formula (i.e., eat less, move more) - but she demonstrates ways that they can be done differently than while under a traditional "diet" mindset.
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • ErikasOperation150
    ErikasOperation150 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank You for sharing
  • PosterPens
    PosterPens Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    LOVED this. its true. its much more about eating less and depriving yourself, but more abt making better choices with the food you love. so good. thank you!