Absurd: McDonalds doubles up the chips

Options
This is ridiculous - Mcdonalds doubles up there large fries to create a 1,142 calorie portion

Is it any wonder people are getting so BIG when they are actively encourage to eat this amount??

We need to see portions getting smaller. Heart attack city.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/10076819/McDonalds-creates-highest-calorie-menu-item-ever.html

"The limited edition serving of chips is twice the size of a large portion and contains a whopping 1,142 calories - more than half the recommended daily calorie intake for women.

As a result, it dwarfs other items on the fast food giant's menu: Large French Fries contain 460 calories; a hamburger 250; double cheeseburger 440; McChicken Sandwich 385. Even a Double Sausage and Egg McMuffin with cheese only has 565 calories.

According to Japan Today, the Mega Potato is being advertised as "perfect for sharing" and is launched after the director of nutrition for McDonald's insisted that its menu can be good for you.

When The Salt Lake Tribune asked Dr Cindy Goody in March if her company's food was healthy, she replied: "I do."

"It is possible to eat from the recommended USDA My Plate food groups when visiting McDonald’s. It’s about choice. It’s about customisation. It’s about looking at the calories on the menu board," she added.

Replies

• trashylovestory
    trashylovestory Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    THE MEGA POTATO?

seriously. this is gross.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    THE MEGA POTATO?

seriously. this is gross.

Its mental. They know damn well people will eat it.
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I love McDonald's fries
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    OH NOZ, PEEPS IZ GONNA HAVE TO CONTROLZ DEMSELVEZ!
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    I love McDonald's fries

me to
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I have not eaten McDonald's in a very long time if I am going to "cheat' it better be something good lol
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I want it. NOW.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

You stop that. I have no self control or willpower. I MUST EAT WHAT THEY SERVE ME.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    So what? McDonald's can sell whatever sizes of fries/chips it wants to. Do not blame obesity on one thing (McDonald's fries) it's far more complex a problem.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    People make their own choices.
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options

You're a gentleman and a scholar.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Great! This means I can make McDonald's fries my entire diet with minimal effort!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Easy solution: Don't order it!

Stop blaming the restaurants for making people fat.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I used to work at McDonalds, and the food started making me sick because I ate it too much. It's gross. But now as a vegetarian, I can't eat almost anything at McDonalds anyway (not even the fries). Oh darn.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    It entertains me, mcdonalds sells 20 pieces with the intent they can share.
    Next we will bash KFC for selling buckets of chicken. dem evil fast food.
  • fysty75
    fysty75 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My "go-to" treat used to be McNuggets & fries. I recently discovered that I DON'T like McNuggets!!! I eat them with the BBQ sauce and they're really good with BBQ sauce but ran out the last time so ate the last one naked. EW!!!!! McNuggets are just a BBQ sauce carrier! I'm good if I never eat another McNugget. Will still go for the fries though, they, too, make a great BBQ sauce carrier.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    If I read what you posted correctly...the mega portion was for sharing anyway. So it's the same concept as with pizza...portion control.
  • Sactown900
    Sactown900 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    "I stopped eating donuts, therefore I am no longer a donut"
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    mcdonald's fries are one of those things that i wish tasted nearly as good as they smell. fortunately they don't.

add to that with the fact that getting to a mcdonald's is pretty inconvenient from where i live and work and that as far as i know creepy double fries thing is not available here and i should be safe! ;-)