Diet / Weightloss pills that actually work?

Options
Hi there :)

Do any of those "Weight loss" pills really work? I have heard a lot about Raspberry Ketone.
I don't want something to replace exercise and diet, I want something that will help me as well as that.

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Ephedrine.
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I did try them out for about two months. They may have helped me not gain but I didn't see any substantial weight loss. The diet/exercise routine using the 5:2 diet is working for me.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    yes. tapeworm pills really do work. They are just banned by the US government. Its a conspiracy by the raspberry growers.
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Think about it, if there was a magic pill would Oprah have a weight issue? Even if it was something you and I couldn't afford she sure could! I lost 50 lbs on WW and working out. Good luck!
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    E/C stack
  • raspberrytartgirl
    raspberrytartgirl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    no

the only thing that works is diet and exercise.
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Ephedrine.

^^This... yeah, I don't recommend it. If there were any that actually worked there wouldn't be so many people on here trying to lose weight still. We all would have just taken the magical pill and *poof* we'd be skinny.

Ephedrine works just like cocaine, meth, adderall works. You don't feel like eating and you're basically doing cardio at rest due to the increased heart rate and hypertension.

Any pill that works will not advertise its ability to burn calories, rather it's ability to suppress appetite. There are some things out there that actually do this quite well, though as your body adjusts to them they taper off in how well they work. Eventually usually when you get off them your raging appetite returns and you gain all of it back.
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Weight loss pills epitomise everything I hate about the "fitness" industry. It is nonsense. The real stuff that works is now illegal in most countries so anything you can legally buy is basically bull****.

EDIT: I know people that have done Ephedrine recreationally... It's harder to get, more expensive and has less of an "effect" than more common drugs but hey, whatever's new, right? :P
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    None. *If* you were to see any results from the pills, what happens when you decide to stop taking them? You'll likely gain the weight back and could possibly have health issues as a result. Eating healthy and exercising; that's the best route to losing weight. It's a long road that takes hard work and dedication, but you didn't become overweight overnight, either.

You can do it without any gimmicks. I wish you the best of luck, sweetheart. :flowerforyou:
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money. Keep with the good nutrition and exercise. Best "diet" around.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I am highly skeptical of any magical pill promising weight loss, even if it is endorsed by the Dr. Wizard of Oz. You'll likely have better metabolic results by repeatedly clicking your heels together.

Save a few bucks and stick with what you know is safe and works.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Where's Crankstr when you need her...
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    no.gif

on it.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Yes, good. That will do.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    No. Everyone I know who has taken any (and every) type of diet pill is still fat.
  • hannah1011z
    hannah1011z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    K, so im a person thats tried a lot of things so hears some facts that i can personally say, not sure if itll be acurate for others but it is for me personally.
    What ive learned is:

Jullian Michaels pills do not work. Ive tried her 30 day detox ones (29.99$) and they did NOTHING. Also she was arrested for false advertisement and convicted but for some reason theyre still available.

Rasberry Keytones (7.99) -I used the vitamine in the vitamin section instead of the more expensive one, and what I noticed is that I ate a lot less. You take two in the morning right before you eat, i reccomend about a half hour before, and then you eat and you feel full way fast. So what I did was drank pure water before each bite, chewed slower, and was eating only half of what i usually did. Also, it takes away the desire to eat throughout the day so i found myself making myself eat. So, since you said that your not relying soley on the pills to lose weight, i think they would work for you. I have also a friend thats lost about 50 pounds just taking the keytones, and exersizing twice a week but not watching what she ate or when she ate. So they do actually work for some people, I lost about 7 pounds but they just got out of my price range when theyre like 8$ a bottle and i was using about a bottle a week.

Green Tea Supplement pills: I am currently taking these one pill at lunch each day, I work out 5 days a week, eat around 1200-1500 calories a day, and drink tons of water and am losing about four pounds healthily a week. Im sticking with these because i am not sure if its the pill, or the excersize, or the food but whatever it is i dont want to change anything because i dont think ive never lost weight like this before. And the best part is i feel amazing! better then ever, im happy, energized, awake, and feel amazing. So i reccomend these.

Also, Drinking 1-2 gallons of pure water a day speeds up your metabolism and keeps your body well hydrated which means that no matter what you do, you burn twice the calories you normally do. You body can soak up and use 4oz of fresh water every ten minutes, so just do that if anything else doesnt work.

Any vitimins, and water will speed up your fat loss. You dont need special made things, just making sure your body is super hydrated, and filled up with its vitimins then your doing good.
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi there :)

Do any of those "Weight loss" pills really work?

No, they don't. Anyone telling you otherwise is either a) deluded, or b) trying to sell you something.