• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I want it. NOW.

Wanna share? :smooched:
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    If only there were some sort of readily available information database where the calories and macro/micronutrient information of fast foods (or even "real" foods) were stored, so that a person with - for example - internet access via some sort of "smartphone" device could educate themselves about their food choices. . . .

McD would collapse in a month if people actually acted on educated food choices. They don't. Providing crap food to the farm animals is driving up costs for everyone.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Man... 1,142 calories of... nothing. The thing that really knocks me out about food like that is how little it actually fills you up. I mean, 1200 calories of healthy food is a *pile*. Twelve hundred calories of junk food can fit in one hand.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    If only there were some sort of readily available information database where the calories and macro/micronutrient information of fast foods (or even "real" foods) were stored, so that a person with - for example - internet access via some sort of "smartphone" device could educate themselves about their food choices. . . .

McD would collapse in a month if people actually acted on educated food choices. They don't. Providing crap food to the farm animals is driving up costs for everyone.
    And your proposed solution is. . . .
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I'm confused they are calling it chips so is it going to the UK market or is it going to the Japan market. I dont understand what the big deal is they print the calories on the menus now just dont eat it or eat a *gasp* smaller portion!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    This just in: Something at McDonald's is unhealthy.

If you care enough about your calories to actually give a crap about any of this, you shouldn't be frequenting fast food joints.

Unreasonable portion size + uneducated population = increased health care costs. That impacts most everyone.
    If only there were some sort of readily available information database where the calories and macro/micronutrient information of fast foods (or even "real" foods) were stored, so that a person with - for example - internet access via some sort of "smartphone" device and educate themselves about their food choices. . . .

Only with McDonald's it's more like, "if only I could read the menu above the cash register, I would know how many calories are in that food . . . "

or look at the back of the tray liner...everything you would want to know right back there.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    There's obviously a demand for it...'cuz companies don't just willy nilly go out and introduce something new. Supply and demand. I'll be ok though...no problems here...I haven't set foot in a McDonalds in about 5 years...way before I ever even contemplated trying to get healthy and lose weight. I quit eating there when I started noticing a trend of eat McDonalds...get the ****s.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

angry poster is angry
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I could buy one and divvy it up between all the kidlets, FABULOUSLY EASY!
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I hope this comes to Canada. I doubt it will though. I'd LOVE to be able to buy one order of fries for the whole family. That would be awesome.

Also, don't buy it if it bothers you. Super simple, I know.
  • jwdieter
    Options
    And your proposed solution is. . . .

Nanny state to levels comparable with traffic systems and fire codes. And/or economic incentives.

Or we could just let fat/poor people die instead of providing health services. Because freedom.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I don't think companies should be blamed for people's choices. Whether it's a Big Gulp, fries, king size candy bar, etc, the companies don't MAKE people eat it. People need to accept more responsibility for their own choices/actions.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    If it bugs you, don't buy them. I, however, will wait hopefully for them to arrive. No longer will my sister, cousin, and I have to buy 3 individual medium fries (or 3 larges, lol) when we split a 20 piece nugget. I presume one mega will be cheaper than 3 mediums or 2 large sizes.

Basically this. When my husband and I take our 3 year old for nuggets, we'll be able to share a 20 piece and a this mega potato or whatever.

The calories for this stuff is printed on the menu.
  • jwdieter
    Options
    I don't think companies should be blamed for people's choices. Whether it's a Big Gulp, fries, king size candy bar, etc, the companies don't MAKE people eat it. People need to accept more responsibility for their own choices/actions.

That's all fine and dandy, except the people impacted by McD portion sizes generally can't pay for their choices/actions.

So if you pay taxes and have health insurance, you are paying for their choices.
  • thinkfreee
    thinkfreee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Natural selection I s'pose... :/
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

That's all fine and dandy, except the people impacted by McD portion sizes generally can't pay for their choices/actions.

So if you pay taxes and have health insurance, you are paying for their choices.
    Well that's a whole different debate... :laugh:
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten fast food and I never will. The smell alone makes me want to vomit. I have no clue why people pay to put this crap in their bodies.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I love McDonald's fries
    I don't.

Last time I had them it felt like I swallowed the North Sea.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    And Costco sells enormous muffins by the DOZEN, Pizza Hut sells 16" pizzas, and grocery stores sell Coke in 2-liter bottles. Does that mean I HAVE to buy them? Does that mean that I HAVE to consume them all at once and not share them?

The point: massive portions of something being available isn't the problem. It's how people handle it being available that is or isn't THEIR problem.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Do you think they'll hand out extra ketchup with them?:laugh:

I eat McDonald's once a week and eat a few fries. Love the fries.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition