100 pushups challenge?

Options
Anyone doing the challenge or would like to start with me? I'd like to start today and would love some motivation and support. PRETTY PLEASE :flowerforyou:

PS. Here is the link: http://www.hundredpushups.com/

Replies

• sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Totally willing to give it a shot with you, love challenges and push ups have never been a strong point of mine, so why not? I'll send you an FR :D
  • mammakat0830
    mammakat0830 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I work with a lady that does 150 push-up every day...her arms are awesome. I can do 10 girl ones and have been working on increasing those...started at only being able to do 1- 15 days ago...

I'll try out the challenge :bigsmile:
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I was on week six of the ap when I bought a new phone. My aps all ported over, but the progress did not. I downloaded a free version of hte ap, but haven't really started again yet. Are you starting week 1 day 1, or does the plan start you further in? It starts me at week 3 day 1.
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 100 pushups challenge- not this particular link but same concept. Let's be friends and encourage each other!
  • Janey_g
    Janey_g Posts: 3
    Options
    Count me in! Think I can do about 12... can't believe I'll actually be able to do 100... but lets give it a go! :smile:
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I will try :)
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Cool! I'm SO looking forward to this. I would love to be able to do 100 pushups one of these days :)

I haven't done the initial test yet (but I think I might be in rank 2 but we'll see). I'm waiting for my brother to come home to video me so I can see how my form is. I think we should post our #s here if that's ok. I'll post as soon as he gets here.

Let's do this guys!
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I attempted another push up challenge recently but due to illness had to stop. I can only do a couple of full push ups and even then I can't get down very far so I don't think ill ever make it to 100. Being able to do proper push ups is a goal of mine so hopefully this will get me there.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I love push ups!!! They do amazing things! I am going to try when my ankle strengthens up a bit more (sprained it 3 days ago and paranoid about making it worse).
  • Janey_g
    Options
    Okay... I managed 20 push ups, I'm 28, so I'm in rank 3... starting on day one work out later as feeling motivated!! ...100 push ups here we come!
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    20 push ups is amazing! I managed 8 :) I think I'll start my day 1 tomorrow. Let me know how yours go.
  • L257
    L257 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started this around two weeks ago but then I hurt the palm of my hand and my wrist so now I'm just 'treading water' by doing modified pushups (on my knuckles and tippytoes, against a wall at a 45 degree angle). I'd love to follow this thread and jump back in when my hand is healed. I only do them on my knees though as I don't have enough core strength to do the normal ones with good form.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on Day 17 of the challenge. It hasn't been as bad as I expected it to be.
  • Janey_g
    Options
    DAY two complete...my arms already feel different. I only just managed to reach the minimum on set 5, but feel good and looking forward to tomorrow. I've decided I'm going to do them first thing in a morning while I'm making breakfast and getting ready for work. That way I get them over with and hopefully my arms will be fully refreshed after a good night sleep, so I get the best out of them!
  • mammakat0830
    mammakat0830 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Inital test: 12 (girl push-up)... let's do this!
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    @L257 - No problem. The program says any type is acceptable. Can't wait for you to join us. Can you imagine being able to do 100 pushups??

@grimendale - That's great! What are your #s like?

@janey - Sounds good! I hope we can keep this up.

@mamma - Way to go! I started off doing girl push-ups too. You'll be surprised how soon you'll get enough upper body strength to do regular ones.

AFM, Day 1 complete. For the last set I was able to do 3 more than the minimum. I'm feeling good about this. Can't wait for day 2, wish it was tomorrow but the program recommends taking a day off between workouts.
  • Becky_Smith72
    Becky_Smith72 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do it! I was doing between 100-150 a day up until a few months ago and definitely need to get my butt back on track!
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing this challenge. It's great! I'm on week 4 now. :)
  • Kascaboota
    Kascaboota Posts: 5
    Options
    Took initial test today, starting monday. I did a similar program before(200 squats) and got great results so I'm really excited about this one! Good luck to everyone else. (:
  • rachelprogress
    rachelprogress Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the idea, hadn't seen this before! I'm definitely keen to start. And the 200 squats has caught my eye as well :)