Hi, I'm new!

Options
Well, I'm 29yrs old and 230 (I weighed in today) I'm hoping those 2 new pds are muscle from playing softball... Anywho, my goal is to lose 40 pounds and then re-evaluate and make a new goal. I'm trying to continue to encourage myself to continue with exercise and make better food choices. For those of you losing weight, you're already inspiring me!!!!!

Replies

• KrissyD70
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I have lost 13 lbs using the calorie counter. I have more to go but it's a start. Good luck to you!
  • sandylouwho
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined this week, and I've already found it so helpful and motivating. You'll do great! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • leesapeesa
    Options
    welcome to MFP! you will love it here, as we all do!!
  • Cindyjo24
    Cindyjo24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I joined in July and have been trying to figure this site out. Welcome to all of you and thank you to all of you who share your stories. Did anyone see on the news a study about online weight loss communities. It seems that a higher percent of people keep their weight off if they interact regulary with an online site like this one. I like logging my food and excercise. I also made www.myfitnesspal.com my home page, so that when I log on for any reason the first reminder is to track my food.

So far since I've started a meal replacement plan and a rigorous exercise routine I have lost over 10 pounds! We can do it!

~ Cindy
    "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." ~ Phil 4:13
  • LadyRedundantWoman
    Options
    Hi I started MFP July 27. I first found this site on my Motorola Droid phone because I thought how convenient it would be to track nutritional info there. July 8 was my last weigh in at my doctors and I too weighed in at 230(age 34, 5"7"), my heaviest ever. I am waiting to weigh myself at my upcoming doctors appointment this tuesday so I can't share my weight loss since I started MFP, but I have been lurking the message boards and have found them very motivating and I have learned a lot. Good Luck to you! :)
  • lessjess1
    lessjess1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And good luck to you! This is only my 2nd week here, but I am loving it so far!
    Friend me if you'd like :)