Belly Fat!

Options
Overall, I would say I'm pretty toned but one area that I have always had problems with is my belly!!!

NOTHING is working! Any advice on how to lose belly fat?? Like the best things to cut out of my diet or the most effective exercise? I need help!

Replies

• pange
    pange Posts: 82
    Options
    I had the same problem-- I was pretty toned except around the middle. Then I started training for a marathon and all of a sudden I have abs! So I recommend running.
  • brown_daniel
    Options
    Doing crunches and belly dancing is for toning the abdominal area. Try to do more of it cause belly fat are the most difficult to get rid for me.
  • Notsocorny
    Options
    Zumba (spanish dancing gone fitness) is a great way to work on those abdominal muscles because it helps you strengthen your core. I stopped going for a couple weeks to try out sweep rowing, and well, my stomach was back fluff. I went back this week, and the place I feel the work out most is in the abs area. So if you're into dancing, Try it out!
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Well for me Tae Bo really helps. You can really see a difference very soon. Try that as well just on days you aren't running.
  • rolandhulme
    rolandhulme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You can't 'spot reduce' fat in a specific area. Belly fat is always the last to go, but the only way you can get rid of it is by losing more weight. You burn fat from all over your body, including your belly. That's why running is a great idea - burns calories.

You can do a gazillion crunches and you'll never lose your belly. You can ONLY do it by losing fat through a calorie deficient diet. Anybody who tries to sell you on crunches, or sit ups, or ab workouts to 'get a flat belly' doesn't know what they're talking about.

Good luck! It's tough. I lost 30lbs but still have a tubby tummy. I'm trying to get rid of it as well and it ain't easy.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I have also read - And believe - Interval work outs are great for losing belly fat. Just google it :) There are alot of great treadmill interval work outs, or try to include sprints into runs if you enjoy running.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm having you exact same problem right now :(

There's a rule I learned a long time ago in the weight-loss world, 'first on, first off'.

The first place fat started showing up on my body was my stomach, so I know that it's going to take that much longer to make it come off. First it's gotta come off the thighs and and arms, but I'm getting there! Keep up with your cardio, that really is key.