No weight loss

Options
Hi Guys been sticking to 1300 calories a day and have lost 7lb so far it has taken me 9 weeks to lose this, the last 2 weeks ive lost nothing, feeling pretty down and losing my motivation to carry on any advice please .....

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    It happens to me too and then one day I wake up a lb or 2 lighter. Just keep logging and sticking to your cals. Make sure you measure your food and drinks correctly.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Keep it up, some weeks you'll have that and if you can go with how your clothes fit as you can still lose inches and no weight x
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    First of all, 7 pounds in 9 weeks is really good! This isn't a race, and losing the weight slowly and healthfully is the way to go. Weight loss isn't linear, so there will be some weeks where you'll lose weight and others where you won't.

There could be a number of factors at play here, but the main possible reasons may be:

1) You're not measuring accurately and you're actually eating more than you think.
    2) You're not eating enough. Can't determine this without seeing your food diary, though.
    3) Changes in your exercise routine can cause you to hold onto water, as your muscles use it to repair themselves.
    4) If you are consuming a lot of sodium, you could be retaining water, as sodium can cause water retention.
    5) TOM - It happens and we deal. It usually causes temporary weight gain.
    6) You're overestimating your calories burned. If you are eating back your exercise calories, there is a possibility that you could be eating more than you've actually burned. A heart rate monitor will help you get a more accurate sense of how many calories you are actually burning.
  • ProudMotherof4ProudWife2007
    Options
    Have You been doing measurements ? I haven't really lost any for a few months and I've gone from a 12/14 to a 10 and thats with toning up and like I said I haven't been losing
  • ValMartin79
    ValMartin79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Keep it up, it takes awhile for everything to kick in. I started the end of February this year and am only losing about 3lbs a month, so it does take time.
  • jaynie678
    jaynie678 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I should of took measurements, my clothes do feel less tight and I bought a pair of size 12 trousers today.. Yah!! Ive not worn that size in ages, I have noticed that my ankles and fingers are still puffy though ...
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    It happens to me too and then one day I wake up a lb or 2 lighter. Just keep logging and sticking to your cals. Make sure you measure your food and drinks correctly.

This! While I was losing I would lose a pound or two and then go a week or two without losing anything and then lose a couple more. Just keep at it, you are on a good pace:)
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Maybe check your sodium intake, and try drinking more water (im not sure how much you drink but it could help).
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Think positive - You are not gaining - keep up the work, you will lose more
  • adancer59
    adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    It's just a plateau. Keep doing what you're doing and the weight will come off eventually. I once went 3 weeks with no weight loss, and then dropped 4 pounds the next week. Keep up the good work! And as other people said, focus on the fact that you're not gaining either!
  • nehmon
    nehmon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think everyone of us went through this.
    Some days you stop loosing weight but it doesnt mean it is forever :-)
    Been there too 3 weeks ago butstick with your programm and logg your food, one day all is going to be well again :-)
    Good luck
  • harleenarang
    harleenarang Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    First of all, 7 pounds in 9 weeks is really good! This isn't a race, and losing the weight slowly and healthfully is the way to go. Weight loss isn't linear, so there will be some weeks where you'll lose weight and others where you won't.

There could be a number of factors at play here, but the main possible reasons may be:

1) You're not measuring accurately and you're actually eating more than you think.
    2) You're not eating enough. Can't determine this without seeing your food diary, though.
    3) Changes in your exercise routine can cause you to hold onto water, as your muscles use it to repair themselves.
    4) If you are consuming a lot of sodium, you could be retaining water, as sodium can cause water retention.
    5) TOM - It happens and we deal. It usually causes temporary weight gain.
    6) You're overestimating your calories burned. If you are eating back your exercise calories, there is a possibility that you could be eating more than you've actually burned. A heart rate monitor will help you get a more accurate sense of how many calories you are actually burning.

Absolutely this though I think 1300 calorie diet is bird food. You need a lot more to do your basic bodily functions. I was stuck on the 6 lb mark for a few months till I upped my calorie intake by adding some clean foods to my diet and also upped my water intake. I am now at 14 lb loss that I weighed in yesterday. I do stay on the same weight for 1-2 weeks even now but its because in the past 2-3 weeks I have not been eating the best and working out less.

Open your diary and see how MFP members can give you awesome suggestions. I saw a lot of difference in responses once I opened my diary. :smile: But no matter what - Don't lose motivation - you are still better than you were in years :smile:
  • jaynie678
    jaynie678 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thankyou everyone for your support, I feel alittle better now, Its my wedding Anniversary today and im gonna celebrate tonite so not going to worry about my calorie intake today :smile:
  • johnwses
    johnwses Posts: 2
    Options
    Whatever the reasons are, it is always best to explore the options to get the problem fixed. One cup of cooked bok choy provides only 20 calories. One of the best products I tried is no longer made or sold in the United States but I did try Lean Xtreme and Relora with better-than-expected results.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I can't offer much help, but I'm right there with you! I've only been logging my exercise and cals for a few days but nothing's budged! it's disappointing, but I think a lot of it has to do with my TOM :/ I'm going to keep at it and hope for the best!
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising?

I was sticking to my calories for a long time with no loss until I started exercising.