Uh Oh.....what to do?

Options
Ok, so I know I'm going to get a major lecture for this.

I haven't eaten very much today (a little over 700 calories) because I had my retainer worked on so my mouth and teeth and jaw hurt SO bad all day long! so the things I have had to eat having been soft! lol

But now...after my work out, I 1500 calories left that I'm supposed to have for the day!! :noway: So now...here's my delima. I'm heading to be in about an hour or so. I HATE going to bed after a couple hours of eating because I just feel like it sits there, and I get heart burn...etc. But I know it's REALLY bad of me not to have food.

lol so...which do you guys think is the lesser of two evils? Going to bed with a full stomach (and having it sit there) or just going to bed, and having a good breakfast in the morning

Replies

• GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    Ok, so I know I'm going to get a major lecture for this.

I haven't eaten very much today (a little over 700 calories) because I had my retainer worked on so my mouth and teeth and jaw hurt SO bad all day long! so the things I have had to eat having been soft! lol

But now...after my work out, I 1500 calories left that I'm supposed to have for the day!! :noway: So now...here's my delima. I'm heading to be in about an hour or so. I HATE going to bed after a couple hours of eating because I just feel like it sits there, and I get heart burn...etc. But I know it's REALLY bad of me not to have food.

lol so...which do you guys think is the lesser of two evils? Going to bed with a full stomach (and having it sit there) or just going to bed, and having a good breakfast in the morning
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    You HAVE to eat at least enough to get to your 1200 calories.

try to find food that is not heavy to digest but high in calories.

IMO eating what you need is the lesser of two evils.
  • magdalune
    magdalune Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. Sautee something in olive oil. Have an avocado. Orange juice. A banana. Some stuff with lots of calories but good stuff, too.
  • brockster
    brockster Posts: 12
    Options
    howdy from new zealand,ok there is a big problem here your body needs a certin amount of calories for mantance this is so your body does not canabolize its self yes your body will burn alot of muscle for fuel you also strike a problem when your body runs out of fuel your insulin becomes very unsettled insulin tells your body to store fat so when you become hungry your pituitary gland will release insulin and any carbs you get will get stored as fat you have to try and eat threw the day to help stop this but in some cases like yours where you carnt eat for a certin period of time and it happens to all of us but what i do is befor han have a protien shake but with casin protien this is protien that binds to the acids in your stomch and take a long time to digest around 4-7 hours and you can make a pritty nice shake by mixing it with peanut butter and skim milk i take these threw the day to stop me from sliping into a catobolic state i eat one of these shakes befor i go to bed aswell as your body needs alot energy just to sleep and i think its very important to find a good mix of food so when you go to bed your not eating to much food but a protien shake is pritty good befor hand i get a good nights sleep which is very important as being tired will effect your insulin aswel
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

You'll all be glad to know i at least made it to 1200 cals. Not exactly all that i was supposed to have, but still better than where I was at! :)

Thanks again! :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    If you're sick or had something like that, one day below 1200 won't hurt you. As I've heard on here a thousand times, our bodies don't run on a 24 hour clock when it comes to calories. So one day won't hurt-just make sure that you don't skimp the next day too!

But sometimes, we can't eat what we're supposed to because of sickness, etc. Just don't make a habit of it :wink: