Trying to lose the baby weight... and then some. :)

sgilcrease
sgilcrease Posts: 2 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hey guys, My name is Sarah. I just recently had a baby and I am about 10 lbs. heavier than I was before I was pregnant. This is my second child, and the weight seems to be sticking to me a little more than when I had my first child. I am on here because I need to lose about 34 lbs. and I decided to do it using the old method of taking in less calories than you burn a day as opposed to those crazy crash diets... because I want my weight loss to actually last! I need lots of encouragement and support, which is the reason I am posting... I'm not really a poster, but I've been reading these forums and I think this is what I need to stay on track. I'm not a dieter by lifestyle and I tend to just eat what I want. It usually works out for me, but NOT LATELY. My mission is to be consistent with my tracking, start exercising, and actually follow through with this until I am at my goal weight!

Replies

• jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Welcome!!!! Stick with it, and you can do it!!!
  • You can do it, I gained 40lbs with my first pregnancy and I was never really a dieter either. I went from a size 4 to a size 10! Don't ask me what happened lol, but five years later and I definetly ready to get my tummy back and to lose this weight. I just started this too and I love to eat what I want ha ha. But you can do it!
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    My name is Sarah as well!
    Feel free to add me.. I love this site, everyone is so helpful.
  • amscobra
    amscobra Posts: 73
    Welcome, I am a mother of 3 and overweight. 2 weeks ago I began this lifestyle change, I told my family and friends this is it, I'm done with looking and feeling like this. I found this site and it has helped me learn to control my calories. The first week was tuff, but by the second week my body had adjusted to the change and I am very aware of the calories i put it. I still eat what I want,but do it with smaller portions! I never thought it was possible, but am 5 lbs lighter from just 2 weeks ago. I also get on my treadmill for at least 20 minutes a day. You can do this, you deserve it. Add me as a friend!
  • I gained so much weight with both of my kids (70 to 80 lbs each time!! mind you, they were both 10 lbs, so it wasn't all me). I've been having trouble getting back to my old self too, trying crash diets that never worked and having no time to think about my own health. Just make your plan and stick to it, and know that we're all in it together!
This discussion has been closed.