When to switch to losing a 1/2lb. a week

Options
So I've recently lost almost 40 lbs putting me at 161lbs. from 200! Now my goal weight is 135-140 so right now I'm only 20ish pounds away from my goal. So far I've been doing fine steadyly losing about .5 to 1lbs a week but I'm wondering if I should switch my goals to 1/2lb. a week loss since i only have 20 more lbs to go? or should I just leave it as is as long as it's working and save switching to a smaller amount when what I'm currently doing stops working?

Replies

• chicanita91
    chicanita91 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know this too! I was 194, now i'm 160 with a goal of 130-140!
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I have the mindset that when I get to within that range of my goal weight, my body will naturally slow down without me having to really change my goals. You will see your progress change, or maybe not. I say keep doing what you are doing and make sure you just evaluate how much you are eating every so often and calculate your new BMR/TDEE info so you can keep your calorie intake adjusted for a deficit based on your weight as it steadily comes down.

WTG on your progress so far!!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    i was 200 and am 158 now. i was wondering the same thing as ive noticed it is getting harder to loose the last 25 pounds.