NSV!

triathlete5301
triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
Hello All! Just a little background- I started my weight loss last January, but didn't become super serious until I had an injury last June. From there, I started logging and at this point, I have lost 20 pounds. When I first started, I was a size 20 pants. This was very depressing because even though I had gained about 40 pounds since the start of college, I was able to be in size 18 or 18W. When I had to go up last August, I was very upset and depressed. I bought two different types of jeans at size 20 (sitting on my hips differently) and now they are comfy. They still fit, and I have been terrified to think about new jeans since clothes shopping is generally horrible. :cry:

However, this morning, after doing day 4 of 30DS, stepping on the scale and seeing no change ( I know it can take time, I'm just super impatient:blushing: ) I was looking for things to wear. Being in grad school, sometimes laundry goes to the wayside. I decided for the hellofit to put on these old pants that I had stacked in a corner, waiting for the day they could be worn. Now, these pants were given to me by friends, both of which are on MFP with me, but they had to go to smaller sizes. So, being unable to fit into these pants made me feel even more like a failure, since they were able to donate their "fat" jeans (I'm sure I'll get yelled at for saying that) to me. Several of these I had worn about 2 years ago before grad school and had to put to the side because I got to big.

The last time that I tried to put on these pants, I was able to squeeeeeeze into them and was muffin topping all over the place. It was to the point that I could barely button them and I thought my thighs were in spandex.:grumble: This was spring break (early march). Since spring break, I haven't lost a ton of weight- maybe 5 pounds. I didn't think there would be any difference.

This time, I put on EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM and they slide on, buttoned, with minimal to NO muffin top! Most of them previous stuck on my thighs, these slide right up! I was so excited that I was late getting to research because I thought "If these fit, what about the other ones???" It was one of the best feelings ever!

My friend had stated the other day "Measurements are the most important". I hear it all the time, and for some reason I ignore it. This proved to me today, that even though in the past 3 months I haven't lost a ton, I have lost INCHES! So, for those of you out there that are having trouble seeing the scale budge, try having a few pairs of old jeans and try them on. It's so much more motivating than seeing the scale! (Yes Amy- if you read this- YOU WERE RIGHT... per usual)

Happy Friday Everyone and thanks for reading! I hope I am able to motivate some of you to seek positive reinforcement outside of the scale!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• bogo_baby
    bogo_baby Posts: 82 Member
    THAT IS AMAZING!!! I am so happy for you! Keep up the good work!!!
  • Susan821
    Susan821 Posts: 7
    Congratulations!!! That's wonderful. I am on day 12 of the 30 day shred and didn't see any change on the scale until yesterday. But, I do notice my pants fitting differently. Keep it up! I actually found level 2, which I started on day 8, a bit easier than level 1. Of course, I keep my eye on Anita!!! Keep going!
  • Leena1225
    Leena1225 Posts: 16
    Awesome! And thanks for the reminder that NSV's like this are just as important!
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Congratulations!!! That's wonderful. I am on day 12 of the 30 day shred and didn't see any change on the scale until yesterday. But, I do notice my pants fitting differently. Keep it up! I actually found level 2, which I started on day 8, a bit easier than level 1. Of course, I keep my eye on Anita!!! Keep going!

thank you! Thanks for the feedback about the shred too! I took measurements yesterday and after everything is all said and done I'll measure again. I am really enjoying it! Keep up the good work yourself! :smile:
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Congratulations! First I was excited when my pants got loose. Now I'm excited that they're getting too tight again... I'm working on my squatter's *kitten*. Good thing I didn't ditch these pants!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!