Heart Attack Grill

Options

Replies

• ShaunaMcMac
    ShaunaMcMac Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    The food looks fairly decent, but the uniforms are a bit much for me. I'm not completely disgusted by the concept though, just because you eat there doesn't mean you don't care about your health, just means you have a hankering for a burger... and nurses...
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Nope. That place is absolutely declicious. That is why you eat there. The "nurses" don't hurt either. A nice quad-by pass burger... mmmmm...

0902phr_08_z+gm_chrysler_merge_save_chevy_camaro_other_news+heart_attack_grill.jpg

Food looks delicious. I'd eat there, take out all but one of the patties, and take home 4 days worth of leftovers. And if I couldn't eat all that meat, my dog would LOVE me for it. And my chickens would enjoy any french fries I didn't eat while I was there.
  • bostongeorge617
    Options
    Would never. Ever. Ever. Eat there.

BTW guys, those hot waitresses are silently judging the **** out of you.

Pro tip: we're judging them too.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Good first post. You'll do well here.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Good first post. You'll do well here.

QFT
  • emibrus1
    emibrus1 Posts: 59
    Options

Because they're there specifically to cram 6000 calories down their throat in hopes of afterward throwing that sweet nurse across the table and showing her a good time.

You know how women aren't hoping to impress the **** out of every man they meet? I've heard men are the same way. SHOCKING I KNOW.

And by the way...someone who prances around in a sexy nurse costume all day doesn't have much leeway for judging others...
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Options

Doesn't matter I have a hot wife at home.
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It is not any different than going to any other hamburger joint and having a hamburger and fries. It just has a different name.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    I don't go to the Opera because I think it's boring and stupid...not sure my opinion about what I personally like or don't like is really thread worthy.

If you don't like big thick juicy burgers and a large side of fries, then don't go there. Also, if you have your own business and decide to use a marketing strategy, that obviously seems to be working, then I hope someone doesn't feel elitist enough to come in behind you and make a post somewhere saying how stupid you and your customers are.

They are free to market their product however they want and I'm free to judge the crap out of it. Same dealio as Abercrombie. They decided to take a marketing risk, it may work, it may backfire. In this case, having seen my dad through a quadruple bypass, I hope to f*** it backfires.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

Would I eat there...yep

Do I care what the waitress thinks, nope.

she better be nice if she wants some of my tip.
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    As Shakespeare pointed out in all of his comedies.....society laughs at what they are most uncomfortable with.

Do I think it's brilliant marketing ? yes! because its hilarious and a hot topic in todays society. Would I eat there everyday? Absolutely not! Maybe once...ever.....i think its catchy and well funny.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Nope. That place is absolutely declicious. That is why you eat there. The "nurses" don't hurt either. A nice quad-by pass burger... mmmmm...

0902phr_08_z+gm_chrysler_merge_save_chevy_camaro_other_news+heart_attack_grill.jpg

Food looks delicious. I'd eat there, take out all but one of the patties, and take home 4 days worth of leftovers. And if I couldn't eat all that meat, my dog would LOVE me for it. And my chickens would enjoy any french fries I didn't eat while I was there.

I know to yall Merikens, this is the extreme.

in new zealand, our extreme is carls jnr. 100% true story.
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    It is not any different than going to any other hamburger joint and having a hamburger and fries. It just has a different name.

That doesn't look like any hamburger I've ever seen! If that's what you consider a standard burger no wonder the USA has such an obesity problem. (And before you all start screaming I know that the problem isn't restricted to the States but thankfully that chain of restaurants seems to be!!!)
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I don't like hamburgers, so blah. But if they have giant pizzas, I'm game. Let me find my elastic pants.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't get the point. I love eating, but I love being thin and healthy even more.

It's like the TV show "man versus food". i admit that I watch it because it's entertaining, but I don't understand why someone wants to put his health at risk just for the fun of saying "I can eat a monster burger in half an hour".

Well, in the case of 'Man vs. Food' there is also the fame and paycheck.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    There's something so luxurious about having a portion that's too big for you to eat!

That's so far from my idea of luxury - I think its totally wasteful and somewhat obscene. I can't believe that such places exist but there are some strange people in this world!!

Wasteful? I could probably get 3-4 meals out of that.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

That doesn't look like any hamburger I've ever seen! If that's what you consider a standard burger no wonder the USA has such an obesity problem. (And before you all start screaming I know that the problem isn't restricted to the States but thankfully that chain of restaurants seems to be!!!)

LOL, that's ONE burger on the menu, not the only one...:laugh: Standard Burger:laugh:
  • amandaanderson2786
    amandaanderson2786 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't want to start rumors but I thought the owner had several heart attacks and is no longer alive. True? Maybe it's the owner of the local Heart Attack Grills near me? Repeat this is only what people around hear say... I don't know if its fact.
    i heard that too and also other workers
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    There are "extremity" attractions everywhere. This one happens to be with food. Lots of places have "challenge" walls for power eating whether is be timed, size or spiciness.
    I'd eat there, but obviously I'd bring friends to share a burger.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Yes, we ate at the one in DelRay Fl, it was so cute. The staff wore medical uniforms and had stethoscopes around their necks. There was other medical equipment in the restaurant too.
    In my opinion, the calories were about the same as many people eat when they go to a 'Good' restaurant and order unhealthy foods in oversized portions.

At any rate, the original 'HAG' forced the one nearby (name, theme copycat) to close so am happy we went there, cute gimmick, esp in a beach town!