• calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mmaj52pdC61s4ccv2o1_500.gif

end-friendship_786741i.jpg
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I suppose I've just gotten lucky because I've got some of the most amazingly supportive friends here. Many of them I would consider very close. Good people on here, you just have to be picky about who you add to your friends list. It goes beyond just commenting with a way to go or something when they post a workout. It's about being genuinely interested in their goals, their lives, etc. etc. I can pretty much talk about anything from fitness to personal things with the people I've got as friends here. :heart:
  • jcast92
    jcast92 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    hahahaha, too great
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I just keep them in my basement.

Yeah, about that..can you loosen up the chain just a little?
    I told you already! As soon as you start behaving, THEN I will.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I read blogs and read posts about people having invaluable friends and support with people on MFP. Now I love my friends on here. They always provide positive feedback to my status' and I try to do the same. But I wouldn't consider them close. How do you use MFP to get I guess get more intimate and individualized support. Should I just start sending people messages and seeing who responds? How did you get close with people on here?

nekkid pics...works every time.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Naked pics. Sure I have been blocked by a few thousand, but the hundred I have loved it!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lqua358mUT1qcftw3o1_250_zps47bea7e0.gif

It's like any friendship-- you find a topic you agree on or an interest you have in common and you start talking. Although I've found that gifs shorten the process.

For a long time I didn't have close friendships here but that's because I wasn't putting much into those friendships. I was adding generic feedback to friend's posts and they were doing the same and that was about it. When I came back in October I started really using MFP like social media and I've made a ton of great friends since then.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Frequent interaction. Daily logging. Responses to status updates.
  • Angeldach
    Angeldach Posts: 56
    Options
    You can start by adding me! :happy:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    It's been said before, but sending pictures of your boobs never hurts.

And just like in real life, sometimes you click with people and sometimes you don't. I have exchanged great PMs with people and that was it. And others results in face to face meetups or really great online relationships.

In the end it comes down to, you have to BE a good friend to cultivate one. Cheesy, but nonetheless true.

Stalking sometimes works too

EDODncN.gif
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    When you go to war with folks, you form a sort of bond. Going to war means more than just posting "did X exercise for 30 minutes and burned Y calories" and "completed food entries for the day and is under the goal". It means lifting up your friends when they need a boost...and it also means exposing your humanness when you are having a bad time. Be open about yourself....and genuinely care about others. That's how bonds are formed.

The health journey we are on is a war with yourself...but its a war that everyone else on this site is battling. We can relate with each other to the good times and the bad times.

Anyway, to answer your question, its really just a matter of how much of yourself you're willing to share.....and you will find others who are willing to share just as much because they will relate to you.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    One at a time. It starts with conversations on your page, and then you do private messages, you check on them when they've been sick or going through something. Next thing you know, they're doing the same for you, and you get to know them more and more. It helps when they share more of their life than just fitness, but some people never do, and you'll never know them any better.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I piss excellence. People like that sort of thing.
  • _SusieQ_
    Options

I'm really not into water sports, but for you I might make an exception.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    One at a time. It starts with conversations on your page, and then you do private messages, you check on them when they've been sick or going through something. Next thing you know, they're doing the same for you, and you get to know them more and more. It helps when they share more of their life than just fitness, but some people never do, and you'll never know them any better.

And then the spooning begins.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

*takes out the plastic sheeting*

Alright... I'm ready.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

You're the back spoon. You'll thank me.
  • _SusieQ_
    Options

IN for the spooning.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

You are paying for a new mattress.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    That's the asparagus.