Les Mills Combat - June

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
I wanted to send out an open invite to anyone considering starting Les Mills Combat in June or anytime between now and then. I created an accountability group for it and would love to link up with others doing it to help stay motivated. :drinker:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/13963-les-mills-combat-accountability

Replies

• RoseTears143
    Options
    Anyone..?

tumblr_m2z6gzUIPG1r89683o1_500.gif
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I had my LMC graduation 2 days after Mother's Day. You will LOVE it!
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I still have 3 weeks left of Insanity, but was planning on moving onto Combat right away after this. I will join, if that counts?
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Good luck! I had my LMC graduation 2 days after Mother's Day. You will LOVE it!
    that's great!! I'm glad to hear you liked it. I am chomping at the bit to get started with it :) What kind of results did you get from it?
    I still have 3 weeks left of Insanity, but was planning on moving onto Combat right away after this. I will join, if that counts?
    of course! I'd love to have you join us even though you are starting a little after I do. There are a few people in there that are staggering as well. One person already started this past week, and another is starting next week I believe. How do you like Insanity?
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Would love to get more people on board! :flowerforyou:
  • Dharmafor1
    Dharmafor1 Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm considering this. I've been doing Power90 and adding a few HIIT and extra cardio on the strength days. I used to be pretty active in martial arts and I miss it. This looks fun. I have the program, I don't think it was ever taken out of the box by the person who gave it to me. How long are the workouts? Close to 45 minutes, 6 days a week?
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    In terms of numbers results, I lost 10 lbs, 3 inches off of my waist and 2 inches off of my hips, and 2 inches off of my chest (my poor ta-tas! :ohwell: ). However, bear in mind that I am 5'1" and was 111 lbs when I started. I am starting to lift heavy, so am expecting some weight back in the form of muscle.

But I want to say that even more than the specific results, it matters most that I found something that I enjoyed doing, and that I learned to eat cleaner and just take better care of myself (I eat a total of 5 times a day, have given up most artificial sweeteners, eat more fruits and veggies)...and I found MFP as a result too, which has already educated me on fitness and nutrition big time.

For what it's worth, the Ultimate pack is definitely worth the money--I pull out the Core Attack DVD often if I have 15-20 minutes to spare to get some good, all-around core work.
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    of course! I'd love to have you join us even though you are starting a little after I do. There are a few people in there that are staggering as well. One person already started this past week, and another is starting next week I believe. How do you like Insanity?
    [/quote]

OK, great! I'm so looking forward to it!
    I have loved Insanity so far; it's a challenge, but I think it's the sort of workout that will prove handy any time I'm up for a big sweat (especially the month 2 workouts).
    But I've always been most interested in martial arts, so that's why I'm really stoked to start the LM Combat programme next month. I'm definitely going to get the ultimate kit, as the above poster has recommended :happy:
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Les Mills Combat is a big sweat workout for sure! I only have a week and a half left and I'm much better at burpees now!

Honestly, I thought it would be a walk in the park after P90X and boy was I wrong!! lol Dan and Rach push you to your limits! I didn't realize it was the MMA version of Insanity till it was too late! lol But I love it and I love where it's taken my fitness...especially since it takes so much more to get my heart rate up to max now!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Oh! And my current default pic is my 30 day pics from Combat :)
  • abenardini
    abenardini Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Does it count if I take the BodyCombat classes at the gym? I started a few weeks ago taking the classes and they are AWESOME!!! Great workout and amazing calorie burn.
  • kayla1025
    kayla1025 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I actually just started on Saturday!! would love to join an accountability group!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    which combat set would you recommend? I am just finishing Insanity this week.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    @Dharmafor1 - Yes, I believe they are about that long. I think the days a week depends on the schedule you choose. I haven't really looked at that part yet but I've seen some people mention one schedule gives 2 days a week off.

@emjaycazz - great, thanks for that advice! I am thinking about getting the additional DVD's.

@luisalg14 - me too! I love martial arts and even took Taekwondo classes for awhile a few years back. I'm so excited to start

@RobynMWilson - awesome! You look amazing. And that's what drew me to LMS..I LOVE Insanity and have been wanting to get into MMA so the mesh of the two is too perfect :)

@abenardini - yes! of course :)

@kayla1025 - great!

@Guamybear - I would recommend the ultimate package with the gloves and extra workouts. It seems to be the best deal. I just got my gloves last week and am gonna go ahead and get the extra DVDs as well.
  • Dharmafor1
    Dharmafor1 Posts: 32
    Options
    @RoseTears143, I joined the Body Combat accountability group. I looked at 2 workouts, should be fun.
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I've been doing body combat for 5 months now (consistent) and I'm not sure if I can join the group or not, lol! But if I can just PM me or something.
  • coldwishes
    coldwishes Posts: 49
    Options
    I started on the 20th of May, and have already lost 1 pound!
    Feel free to add me as a friend
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    @RoseTears143, I joined the Body Combat accountability group. I looked at 2 workouts, should be fun.

Yay!! thanks for joining! Please feel free to leave any tips or start a discussion there :)
  • nurseymama
    nurseymama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of my 3rd week, should I join as well? I'll be starting week 4 when you all are starting, but I'm seriously considering getting Les Mills Pump to start when I finish this up and doing a hybrid program... So far I can't believe how challenging it is. I sweat and huff and puff. My first week, the day after my Power HIIT (day 2) I was so sore I could barely get up and down from sitting! I'm sitting here sore right now from that workout yesterday, lol! I haven't had weight loss yet, but that's typical for me when i start a new program, it takes a bit to start and then it drops... I do feel stronger and more fit though and I'm enjoying the workouts. I got the basic pack just to make sure I liked it, but I'm planning on getting the ultimate warrior upgrade
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of my 3rd week, should I join as well? I'll be starting week 4 when you all are starting, but I'm seriously considering getting Les Mills Pump to start when I finish this up and doing a hybrid program... So far I can't believe how challenging it is. I sweat and huff and puff. My first week, the day after my Power HIIT (day 2) I was so sore I could barely get up and down from sitting! I'm sitting here sore right now from that workout yesterday, lol! I haven't had weight loss yet, but that's typical for me when i start a new program, it takes a bit to start and then it drops... I do feel stronger and more fit though and I'm enjoying the workouts. I got the basic pack just to make sure I liked it, but I'm planning on getting the ultimate warrior upgrade

Please do!! :) I know when I start a new routine I hold water weight like crazy so don't be discouraged. I'm already counting on holding water weight the first week I start LMC lol. I'll send you an invite :flowerforyou: