friends who dont acknowledge milestones

Options

Replies

• cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Today: 5-24-2013

Let's see that's...hmmm...carry the two...add the one....ummm....well, I know it's more than 200 straight days.

Also
    Maybe they didn't bother to comment because you deleted all their comments for the other 'days logged' posts.

Personally, the log in streak is more important to me than anyone else. IF people comment, great...if not, I'm not doing this for them or for them to tell me how great I am.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Not everyone is as interested in your log in streak as you are, apparently. That's why I quit having mine posted. I don't really care. I use this site as it suits me. You be proud of you. If you find praising people for their log in streaks important. . .then tell your MFP friends when you're approaching a new milestone that you expect some praise for. Hopefully a few of them will pat your back then.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but all that means is that you were on the internet for 200 straight days. I don't get the big damn deal about the log in streaks. But that's just me.

This.

I just hit 200 and really all it told me was "girl you spend abnormal amounts of time on the internet get a life."
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Today: 5-24-2013

Let's see that's...hmmm...carry the two...add the one....ummm....well, I know it's more than 200 straight days.

Also
    Maybe they didn't bother to comment because you deleted all their comments for the other 'days logged' posts.

Personally, the log in streak is more important to me than anyone else. IF people comment, great...if not, I'm not doing this for them or for them to tell me how great I am.

Oh I agree. I want that post there so I can see it, not so my friends can see it. Coincidentally, I'm in the 700's or so.

200 days? Pfft!

I'm just saying that her friends probably assumed that she didn't want those accolades since she is always deleting those posts.

I mean why would they assume that she cared about 200 days when she didn't care about 180?
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Where's the meat?
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    did you tell your friends that? did you tell them in the days leading up to 200 that it was a big deal to you?

i'm at 400+ some days....sometimes I look at that number and say WOW i'm really dedicated....sometimes I'm like Meh....it's not a true marker of what I've brought to the table. (it isn't you know, some days i've brought more...some days much less.)

i guess what i'm saying is just because 200 is important to you doesn't mean it's important to them....it may just be another number to them...maybe 50 is their magic number or 1000....

so unless you tell them.....they don't know...and asking them to be a mind reader is in poor taste...

true story.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    OK, so I just hit 200 days of logging in a row and most of my MFP friends didnt give a comment. This was a big deal to me and as it was not that easy to do. I dont expect comments every time a news feed says 180 days etc. and often delete them as soon as they appear...but 200 days was a milestone and I anticipated a nice response from most of them.

End of rant! LOL

I've logged in for 420 straight days. That really means nothing. It doesn't mean that I have been diligent in following my life/meal plan or my exercise routine. Only that I was able to sit on my lazy butt and sign into the website. Now, when I see a post where someone has exercised that day or lost weight that week I give big kudos. It means that they are doing the work and have accomplished what MFP is here for. If you have accomplished great things here, then congratulations to you on those 200 straight days of working hard!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    For me a long logging streak just means I haven't been to the back of beyond, out of internet access, for far too long. I turned mine on again recently and found it was nearly a year. A lot of that time I wasn't logging, so, in my case it really doesn't mean much. I'll turn mine off again when it hits a year.

As for commenting on my friends, I tend to comment on 365 or 500+ or one that a friend SAYS they are proud of, because you can actually comment on your own post if you want your friends to realise how you feel.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Happy 200th. WTG.. It really is a great accomplishment!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but all that means is that you were on the internet for 200 straight days. I don't get the big damn deal about the log in streaks. But that's just me.

This.

I just hit 200 and really all it told me was "girl you spend abnormal amounts of time on the internet get a life."

Me too! I was pretty pi$$ed off the internet called me a girl, though.
  • OldManOfTheSea
    OldManOfTheSea Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ZOMG YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Is this sarcasm?
  • Increditim
    Increditim Posts: 159
    Options
    What is with all the crybabies today???? I've seen many comments similar to this and I'm wondering when people are going to grow a fucking pair...
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    What is so big with the days logged milestone? You get credit for a day if all you do is look at your profile or newsfeed just once. You don't have to log food or workout. I comment about completed workouts and/or good dairy days, at least I know they accomplishing something. I will comment on those 200, 250 etc. day milestone, its no biggie. But to get upset because no one is commenting on this particular milestone is goofy. IMO
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you've logged onto the internetz 200 days in a row. That probably means you may want to hit the gym and pavement a bit more.

In other news, I'm trying to watch Sponge Bob 500 days in a row and I absolutely expect pats on the back for that achievement.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    You should send a mass email to all your friends indicating what you feel is important and should be commented on. Delete those who refuse to comply. And in future, include this in all your friend requests. Only accept if they agree to follow the rules.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    sunglasses_and_ocean_waves Posts: 2,757 Member
    Options
    I don't give my RL life friends that kind of hand holding. I'm sure as heck not going to sniff around strangers on the internet cheering them on for clicking MFP. FWIW I don't log my exercise or food, and it still stays I've logged in for I don't even know how many consecutive days (I signed out one day last week because I was disgusted by something). Seriously, life is hard. You'd be much better off taking care of yourself rather than looking for validation from others.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    OMG, I've had the same issue a while ago, and posted this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/995777-why-are-my-mfp-friends-so-unsupportive

My friends read it, were ashamed, and now they are so supportive!

Narcissistic valley girl!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I was kind of embarrassed of my login streak. It was nearing 900 days when I missed one. But every time people congratulated me on the streak, I'd think, "Why?! It might as well say, 'LorinaLynn has had no life and hasn't spend a night out of town in 885 days.""

I'd have much rather missed a few days because I was on a beach in Key West with a boat drink in one hand and a bacon cheeseburger in the other, than have a long streak. :laugh:

I've since turned off the notifications. I kept meaning to, but forgetting.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    My friends held a gang-bang at my year mark!