Need moms' success stories

Options
I know there have been many threads like this but it is always inspiring to see progress pics and read stories of ladies who had the determination of steel and took time out for themselves to get back in shape (or be fitter than ever).
Posting this because I am 29 weeks pregnant and everybody keeps telling me how my body is just going downhill now. I want to prove them wrong. I want to be that mom who cares about her body as much as she loves her kids and is willing to put in the extra effort. Hell yeah I wanna be a HOT MOM!!!! :drinker:
So please post your pics/ stories for inspiring many others like me. Thanks!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    you can look up my pictures for progress pics . i had twins so my belly got freaking HUGE . i did have a abdominoplasty but my body is now back to where i was before and even BETTER
  • markovicj
    markovicj Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!

I was at a max of 169 before I even had kids. Got up to over 200lbs with each of my pregnancies. After I had my second child, i knew i had to focus and stay out of those "mom jeans", for my own confidence and for the future of my kids.

My second child is 3 1/2 and I'm down to 132. I eat clean the majority of the time and train 5-6x per week. I get up early, before the kids wake up, to make sure I get my session in before the craziness of the day takes over.

It's possible and you will set such a wonderful, positive example for your children!

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and congratulations!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    my mom raised me
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My daughter is almost a year old, and I'm 10 pounds lighter and 4 sizes smaller than I was before I got pregnant. It is possible!
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Start walking.... walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk

It will help with delivery and it's a GREAT way to get rid of belly fat.....
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    June 2010
    40249_455756396094_6198083_n.jpg

DSC01626-1.jpg

Dec 2012
    578019_10151366911571095_331025968_n.jpg
  • leopardjunkie
    leopardjunkie Posts: 149
    Options
    another mom of twins, down 32 pounds I was down 37 but easter got the best of me!!

now that it is summer I expect that my outside time will help it fly off (hopefully) cause we go to the park, walk the dogs more and go for bike rides. besides just going to the gym...but summer food and beers can also be hard on me :)

for me it is about getting healthy and having more comfort in my skin so I am not serioulsy strict on my time frame, just the goal :)

I ran my first mud run last year, and would like to do another at least 1 this year!!
  • claire671
    claire671 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am in FAR better shape now that I am a Mum than before. Yes I have stretch marks etc but I'd rather have them and the legs I have now than the body before.

I gained a fair bit of weight during pregnancy and have just about reached my ultimate-never-thought-I'd-get-there goal weight :) My little boy is 7 months old today.

Sorry I removed my pictures as they came out huge. No idea how to fix.

Best of luck and make sure you enjoy your little one once they are here, time goes so fast!

Claire
    x
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    This is the best pic I can come up with (hopefully it works). This was taken last fall when my kids were 3 1/2 and 1 1/2. I am 5'3" and in this pic I am 115 lbs. At 9 months pregnant with #2 I weighed 165 (I was 125 pre-pregnancy). I am currently pregnant again and have managed to gain 22 lbs at almost 37 weeks (So I'm currently 137). You will be fine. If you put the effort in you will get results.

pic_zps01d78021.png

Edited to try to make pics works.
  • Blessedby2boys
    Blessedby2boys Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There is a certain amount of acceptance of your new body that will happen. It won't be the same as it was, but you will kind of forget how it looked exactly, so that helps. My stomach has extra skin after having two very large babies. After my first baby two years ago, I was devastated by the aftermath and was worried that if I worked out, my extra skin would get worse, so I ignored my body and just tried to catch up on sleep. My first son had colic, cried all night for the first 6 months and so I really needed to just adjust to mommyhood and just survive. All that being said, you really can be in great shape once again. But also allow yourself the adjustment of being a new mom, having a new precious baby and allowing your body to heal. Even without working out, my body improved even after a year. My skin tightened some, my body started taking it's old shape.
    Now after my second (6 weeks old) I am so ready to get in shape. It really helps that he sleep well and we have a good nap schedule for my toddler so I can work out. We take a morning walk every day (toddler in stroller, baby in Bjorn).
    Don't beat yourself up about it if you can't get back into it right away, it will happen when you and your body are ready. Best Wishes, congratulations!!!
    p.s. just weeks ago, when I was pregnant I was all about these success stories, they really helped inspire me!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    41 weeks pregnant @ 232 lbs (April 2006)
    3527723829_bb2f3e3e19.jpg

After baby #2 @ ~185 lbs (December 2010)
    180591_10150383240625104_3079739_n.jpg

Highest post-baby weight @ 194 lbs (April 2011)
    227563_10150238413761210_6409895_n.jpg

Now @ 158 lbs
    19313071_4303.jpg

... and in better shape than I ever was before babies.
  • Blessedby2boys
    Blessedby2boys Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    WHOA!!!!!! AWESOME, THANKS FOR SHARING!
    41 weeks pregnant @ 232 lbs (April 2006)
    3527723829_bb2f3e3e19.jpg

After baby #2 @ ~185 lbs (December 2010)
    180591_10150383240625104_3079739_n.jpg

Highest post-baby weight @ 194 lbs (April 2011)
    227563_10150238413761210_6409895_n.jpg

Now @ 158 lbs
    19313071_4303.jpg

... and in better shape than I ever was before babies.
  • keriberi9
    keriberi9 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I was 248 lbs in this picture (2nd baby) at 9 months pregnant. Today my kids are 3 years old and 11 months old. I'm at 175 lbs (73 lost!!!), hoping to lose 30 more at least! I am healthier and feel SO much better.

17p8ac.jpg
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Well I feel like one so far I have lost 25lbs and have 16 to go still, been on since Jan 1st , my children were born March 9th 2012 and my oldest daughter born August 10 2010, the pictures represent what I looked like at the end of my pregnancies, I measured larger each time but I'm 4ft 10 so that makes sense. Of course recent ones to show how I have changed.

2w5oakj.jpg2w5oakj.jpg

both pregnancies were c sections one planned and one not .

I was 150.5 Jan 1st 2013 and now 126 yay
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Too much to repost. Here's my story. I didn't mention when I posted it, but when I was pregnant with my second I got up to 265 pounds. I just finished my first bodybuilding competition and placed second.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/971636-my-story-of-sweet-revenge-pics
    BeforeP90X001.jpg
    11d29681-a972-4cdb-8815-042e9edff3c5_zpsb34afadf.jpg
    c3d9ac90-ca58-471a-a7a3-6ff3c506f858_zpsdea1e512.jpg
  • ProudMotherof4ProudWife2007
    Options
    My highest weight was before my daughter was born she's now almost 4 I was 225 lbs and Now I have 4 children I weigh 161 went from a size 12/14 to im in a 10 again trying to get back to what i was last fall in a 7/8 and have become more toned and have defination to my stomach
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I had 6 pregnancies (5 living children and 1 second trimester loss) between 2005 and 2011. My boys were all large babies. I didn't try to lose weight after any of my pregnancies. After my 5th baby was born I GAINED 15lbs in his first year of life. I realized I had to do something. I've lost 50.4lbs since December 27. I'm only 4lbs from my pre children weight. I'm going for 10 under that as my ultimate goal for right now. My profile photo is me around 15lbs heavier than I am now (easter sunday). My stomach will never look the same without surgical help, my boys were large and I have stretched skin, but I am VERY pleased with where I've gotten :)
  • soontobemomma
    Options
    you can look up my pictures for progress pics . i had twins so my belly got freaking HUGE . i did have a abdominoplasty but my body is now back to where i was before and even BETTER

You look awesome! Thanks for sharing. What was your routine like?
  • soontobemomma
    Options
    markovicj - Thanks a lot! And I really needed to hear that it IS possible. I plan to train in the mornings as well. So that is really inspiring for me. How long do you train for?

aidasmom0615- Such a cute pic!!!! 4 sizes smaller??? That is AMAZING! How did you do it?

junejadesky- That is the current plan actually :smile: Walking and yoga is what I am doing right now and will continue walking even after the baby. Like finding ways to increase the step count as an added bonus to my workouts. Thanks for the tip! :flowerforyou:

busylady406- You know you look hot, right? WOW! Please share your details like diet and workout regime. Super inspired!!:love:

Leopardjunkie- Congrats on your loss! Yes I agree that it's important to focus on healthy and results will follow. :) I too want to enjoy life while losing weight. Like your approach. :)
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I'm 120 lbs lighter than I was before having kids. Thats NOT counting my weight when i was pregnant. Its definitley doable! I look way better than I did before having kids!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!