Diet Pills

Options
I'm aware there are no tricks. No shortcuts. With that being said I am curious.. has anyone tried a diet pill that(combined with a healthy diet and workouts) helped in their weight loss?

Replies

• redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    yup none of them worked.
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Cocaine
  • smalls9686
    smalls9686 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Tried over counter and actually seemed like hydroxy worked a bit a few years ago. With diet and exercise i was able to drop the last 10 off my 125 lb frame at the time...but tried it again a few years later and it did not seem the same.

Currently, on both Phentermine and topamax. Have never been on the Phentermine before and have noticed a slight buzz in the first 1 or 2 I take it but nothing else. The Topamax, really helps with craving starches and decreases likelihoods of binges which for me is important. The combination of the two with exercise and diet has given me great results thus far.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I'm aware there are no tricks. No shortcuts. With that being said I am curious.. has anyone tried a diet pill that(combined with a healthy diet and workouts) helped in their weight loss?
    Ironic because you're actually looking for a trick/shortcut.:wink: Best way to help weight loss at your age.......getting enough sleep.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Mmmollyy
    Mmmollyy Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm currently taking Zantrex. It gives me a really big energy boost for when I go to the gym. It makes me be able to push myself harder aka burn more calories. Or maybe it has a placebo effect on me and I just think its giving me the boost, lol.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    The ONLY 'pill' that aided in my performance (not diet) was optidrene from GNC about $120 for 60 pills.

Envision sculling three cups of coffee.

I only utilised it as I used to train at 5am....

*this was about 4 years ago- I am currently only on protein powder.
  • muayqis
    muayqis Posts: 72
    Options
    imo there are 4 elements that contribute to diet drugs.
    fat/carb blockers- i've no idea on this, very sceptical i am.
    'thermogenics' - things that boost your bodys generation of heat; again i don't know enough on this to comment.
    appetite suppression- suppressing your appetite removes one hurdle when trying to eat less.
    stimulants- help you get up and go when normally you'd just go to bed.

Caffeine hits the latter two very well, at the risk of becoming dependent on it.

I've been taking grenade lately, and it seems ok.
    I've also tried this stuff
    http://uk.bodybuilding.com/store/betterbodysports/bodyform.html
    and it's really good(tastes horrible though).

couple of cups of tea usually does the trick though ;)
  • verndroid
    verndroid Posts: 2
    Options
    Best shortcut is to run or use a bike as much as you can .. 3 to 4 times a week. 30 to 60 minutes a time. Do NOT use pills of any kind to promote weightloss. It will just rebound when you stop using them (best case scenario) or induce heart problems or other ill effect.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I use Grenade tablets. They work a treat for me..
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    imo there are 4 elements that contribute to diet drugs.
    fat/carb blockers- i've no idea on this, very sceptical i am.
    'thermogenics' - things that boost your bodys generation of heat; again i don't know enough on this to comment.
    appetite suppression- suppressing your appetite removes one hurdle when trying to eat less.
    stimulants- help you get up and go when normally you'd just go to bed.

Caffeine hits the latter two very well, at the risk of becoming dependent on it.

I've been taking grenade lately, and it seems ok.
    I've also tried this stuff
    http://uk.bodybuilding.com/store/betterbodysports/bodyform.html
    and it's really good(tastes horrible though).

couple of cups of tea usually does the trick though ;)

well put... thermogenics arent gonna add many calories burned (100-200)... its mostly the stimulants and appetite suppression that make it easier
  • lizlovestrees
    lizlovestrees Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!!