Any 5'7" ladies around here?

Options

Replies

• liddienicole
    liddienicole Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm practically 5'7.. last time I was measured the nurse said I was -just- under so I'm just gonna class myself as 5'7 lol. I'm about 165 pounds at the mo - heaviest I've ever been - hoping to get down to about 135. :)
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    ALMOST 5'7"... every time I take pics I end up deleting them because they're so gross and depressing. I see the picture and am in disbelief because I don't FEEL that big. Yeah I'm probably one of those people you see and think to yourself "OMG she should NOT be wearing that"
  • CaeliGirl11
    CaeliGirl11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm right there between 5'7" and 5'8". I have an "unofficial" before picture from Easter but have decided to take a few pictures along the way to document progress. I started at 265 and am now down to 251 so about time to take some photos of 15 lbs lost. Goal weight is somewhere around 160 because I was looking pretty good right around there in college (about 10 years ago, lol) and feel I can maintain that weight without killing myself...ha! :laugh:
    Definitely feel the middle of the road for the lengths of clothes some pants are too short in regular but too long in "tall"...I also find that some shirts end up too short on me as well...irritating...and I can't imagine what someone taller than me would be doing with the shirts that I have...guess they just wouldn't be buying those :ohwell:
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I HAVE to buy tall/long (ON Tall is too long actually).
    I've always had to, at 172# and now at ~145#. And will have to when I get down to 137#.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Well, I've always been 5'7" BUT that crazy nurse at my last doctor visit insisted I was 5' 6" :huh: I do not like that, I'm working on making myself taller!

The lowest I've been as an adult was 155 after almost a year on Atkins. Gained it all back plus some and I think I really messed up my metabolism, it is SO hard to loose now. I'm shooting to get under 200 right now, I'll readjust my goals if and when I make that one.
  • vayvne
    vayvne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'7" also, started at 227 on the 15th of this month and I'm down to 222. My goal is to stay between 145-150. The frustrating thing is I went through this all about 17 years ago. Back then I started at 226 and got down to 140, I maintained for a few years and then I got careless and stopped weighing myself everyday....the weight has just been creeping back on slowly for years. This time I know I can't stop weighing in, it's to easy for me to slip into denial :)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    My ticker shows it all. I've been as high as 230, and as low as 160, and am currently somewhere in between.
  • marcon125
    marcon125 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'-6" but have really long legs (ie very short waist) Regular pants are too short, but long pants come with a long waist which frustrates the heck out of me. What I have had to do is get regular pants and get the hem let out and redone.

By the way I NEVER tuck my shirt in. This is not because of tummy issues (currently 138 aiming for 130 - 135 with more muscle).

It is because if I tuck my shirt in, my waist looks like its right below my armpits. This really makes office wear difficult.
  • Crzymommyof2
    Options
    IM 5'7 CURRENTLY WEIGHT 147 HIGHEST WAS 159 MY GOAL IS 130 :)
  • luckycharm29
    Options
    I am 5'6 and a half :P Started at 260 pounds, currently 252. Goal is to get out of the 200s, once that is accomplished I will re-evaluate. Thinking my end weight I would love to be is 130 pounds but that is VERY far off :o(
  • KatC_88
    KatC_88 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I agreee on keeping this group!

Im 5'7'' and I started at 248! I am at 200.1 right now! I cant wait to be in Onederland again! my goal is 145! I will get there too!
  • Jessica_D_Shadow
    Jessica_D_Shadow Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    5'8" Here! My Starting weight was 210lbs. Took a before picture at 208lbs though. =P Current weight is 205.6lbs My goal is 145lbs.
  • kaylahelle
    kaylahelle Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes! 5'7'' and I like this height but have long legs so always have to go with the long sizes! Sometimes very hard to find!
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" here are my pics to show progress:

IMG00067-20110527-1655_23.jpg

This was my start pic at 250, my half way pic at 200.

croppedalt_zps4049bbfb.jpg

This is me last weekend 95lbs down 5lbs from goal.

I can shop in any store now, choose styles I like instead of whatever fits, and am physically capable in a way that I can say yes to anything I am invited to now. Good luck on your journey.
  • Maggie9fc
    Maggie9fc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Love it! I so have that problem with pants too! I'm 5'7 and a half.
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'7.5", and started on MFP in January 2012 at 211.5lb. I'm currently about 160lb, most of which I lost in the first eight months or so, and I've been a bit up and down ever since.....my goal is 147 (10 1/2 stone), but I'm also trying to focus on lowing my body fat % too. Finding it hard to be motivated at the moment, but really wanting to start losing again!
  • sarahhorrigan
    sarahhorrigan Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    5'7" here too! Starting weight 200lbs... now at a whisker over 156lbs and finally have a healthy BMI (woooo hoooo!!!).

Am aiming for around 140 - 145lbs, but really aiming to feel better and feel fitter and I'm definitely almost there if the last bit is the measure!
  • TaminaShock
    TaminaShock Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    goal 140-145
    was 191
    current 170
    20 + to go!
  • firstloveyourself
    firstloveyourself Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5 (but I say I'm 5'7 damnit!) I've been wobbling between 235-245 for the past few months. I should take before pictures...maybe they'd inspire me :P

(feel free to add me btw!)
  • OhSweetEnigma
    Options
    I'm 5"7'- currently 185. I know exactly what you're talking about. The worst pants for me are yoga pants and leggings- I look like I'm prepared for a flood at the gym!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!