Looking for advice from women in their 40's.

Options
13»

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and i'm lifting heavy and running 3x a week. I don't know how much weight i've lost because I take measurements and pictures. I've lost over 25 inches since January. I can't afford to compare myself to younger people because i'm not them, i'm me. The only thing I can do is train as hard as I can, make sure my nutrition is in check (and it is 90% of the time), drink plenty of water and get as much sleep as I can (menopause/hot flashes aren't helping, but i'm doing what I can). I'm getting into size 10 pants (from a size 16) and can wear shaped t shirts in small/med and i have clean lines in my clothing (no muffin tops anymore, etc)

Just because we're in our 40's and beyond does not mean our metabolisms have packed up and left town. Train hard, eat good food, drink water, rest, be patient and the results will come, whether i'm 28, 48 or 68.

:flowerforyou:
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I sent you an invitation to join the menopausal group.
    Even if you're not technically menopausal, we have discussions about your exact issue. :smile:
  • afields72
    afields72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I I just turned 40 and i am wanting to lose 15-20lbs. I am not having much luck and i eat around 1450 cals per day. Is this too much or too little? II workout around 3 days a week. I'd love to hear more about what helped you and get an idea of what you all eat. I feel like I am never going to do it! I hope you can provide some ideas! Thanks!

Angela
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and yep, it's very very slow going.
    Have been stuck for the past 3mths - haven't lost (nor gained) a thing.
    Will keep on plodding :smile:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I only had about 10 pounds to lose.
    I tried to stay around 1200-1400 calories/day along with cardio and strength for an hour each 3/week until I reached my goal weight.
    Now I try to stay around 1400, continuing with my same cardio/strength schedule but increasing the amount of weight.

Edit: I would usually eat more calories if I "earned" them from exercise on that day.