Guy pumping iron. He has Cerebral Palsy.

Options

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    WIN! :drinker: :drinker:

Side note: I first read the title as "GAY pumping iron" and was thinking, "Seriously??! Who the f*** cares what the orientation of the person is? How does that affect this." Sorry for temporarily being angry at you in my mind. :flowerforyou:
  • belfastbiker
    belfastbiker Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    WOW. :love: Thank you for posting this. :heart: I will think twice about skipping a workout because my knee hurts or I'm tired. OP, are you lucky enough to know Scott personally?

I don't, this came up in my reddit feed. (occasionally, reddit isn't quite so useless. :) )
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Um, yeah, "I don't feel up to it today" just aint' gonna cut it after seeing this!
  • belfastbiker
    Options
    Side note: I first read the title as "GAY pumping iron" and was thinking, "Seriously??! Who the f*** cares what the orientation of the person is? How does that affect this." Sorry for temporarily being angry at you in my mind. :flowerforyou:

Yeah, I definitely would NOT post anything homophobic. :)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this - fantastic!
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    sunglasses_and_ocean_waves Posts: 2,757 Member
    Options
    Bravo!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    My cousin is 12 with CP and I'm going to show him this. I just saw him this morning and wish I'd seen it then. He has such a hard time with his limitations. I just want him to know he can do anything he puts his mind to.

Thank you for posting this.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My cousin is 12 with CP and I'm going to show him this. I just saw him this morning and wish I'd seen it then. He has such a hard time with his limitations. I just want him to know he can do anything he puts his mind to.

Thank you for posting this.

Also, when you're on youtube, type in "phamaly." It's a Denver-based theater company using only actors with disabilities ranging from CP to spinal cord injuries to hearing and visual impairments to psychological disorders. The actors with CP have resumes that include everything from wheelchair ballet to Duke medical school.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    OMG, I was just thinking, "why doesn't he have a spotter" when the bar fell on the catch bars around 2:30. <heart dropped>

Amazing.

Me too!

What an awesome story
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Great video. Just sent it to a friend of mine who works with educating folks about CP, which he also has. If he doesn't already know about this video, I bet he'll find it really good to pass on. Thanx.
  • REDROBE_69
    REDROBE_69 Posts: 48
    Options
    Now HE is a powerful human being! Much respect.
  • kenh14
    kenh14 Posts: 19
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for sharing!
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    TY for sharing this.
    I have a lot of people I need to share this with.
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Beast mode.
  • shanaya37
    shanaya37 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I grew up with my brother who had cerebral palsy(Died at 48 in March 2012) so this video is an awesome example that a disability is just one more hurdle to climb with determination. :-)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Speechless and humbled by his determination. Thank you for the link; I am sending it around.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing.
  • belfastbiker
    Options
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Love it! Thanks for sharing!