How often to you weigh yourself?

Options
I ask because I have this super strong impulse to weigh myself every. single. morning. I've given into it nearly every day for years now despite being able to recognize how unhealthy the obsession is. Ideally, I'd like to weigh in only on Mondays, but that is a massive goal for me! I know it might sound silly; I really can't explain it.

How often do YOU weigh yourself? & does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• ladybird_
    ladybird_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Every day. But I do not sweat t if its up but it helps me see if I am going astray
  • pandamars
    pandamars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Every week after a week of healthy eating and workout :D
  • bearsfan67
    bearsfan67 Posts: 57
    Options
    A couple times a week just to see how I am doing. But every Monday morning I actually record it and put it on the calendar so I can see my progress.....
  • marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Once a month at my nutritionist's office. I know I'm following my plan, so I don't obsses about weighing myself. No pressure! :bigsmile:
  • toherlimit
    toherlimit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Once a month at my nutritionist's office. I know I'm following my plan, so I don't obsses about weighing myself. No pressure! :bigsmile:

Oh, wow. You're my hero!
  • d4ggl3s
    d4ggl3s Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Once a week on what I've dubbed "Weigh-in Wednesday," except during Shark Week since I know I will have gained 3-4lbs and I don't really need a little spike every month on my weight graphs :P

You might try putting your scale away somewhere that makes it a bit of a hassle to get to, like a shelf you'd need a step ladder to access. It might make you think twice before going through the effort of getting it down and putting it away every single morning.
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    i was weighting myself once a week with my trainer . I don't even have scale in my home you are going to drive yourself nut as you can go up and down 2 or more lbs ever other day as water weight. I have decided to not do it weekly but once a month . Tuesday we are going to use the calipers
  • quarkenstein
    quarkenstein Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue. Then the battery on my scale died and I haven't replaced it yet. It seems 100x better and I stick to my daily calories a lot better since my emotions aren't affected by a slight gain! I just feel better doing it for "me" and not a number, so I'm not planning on replacing it for a while!
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, that way I know if I stray in my eating or exercise. I keep a personal log and only log on mfp once a week, unless I experience a significant loss then I sometimes log it. Otherwise I only log my weigh-in on Saturday.
  • PattyReid92
    PattyReid92 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Every morning out of interest, see how it correlates to yesterdays activities (always heavier on high-sodium day and workout days)
    Only log it once a week though, Monday morning is my weeks 'official' weight
  • genofreek
    genofreek Posts: 75
    Options
    I weigh myself once a day, but I only log it on MFP once a week.
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Every day. I know every day will fluctuate but I like to see my little losses if I have them. I'm too impatient to wait until the end of the week. I know that I may have small gains but each small loss makes me feel that much closer to my goal!
  • csmith822
    csmith822 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Every day. But I do not sweat t if its up but it helps me see if I am going astray

This is me, too.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I only log it on Monday morning but I'll step on sometimes through to week to see where I am, but I dont worry about it with the general ups and downs of water retention
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
    The scale is NOT your friend. You can have up to 6 pounds of water weight. Your weight will fluctuate and I hate seeing people getting discouraged because of this.

F the scale and get a measuring tape. Stick to measurements not necessarily weight. Remember a pound is a pound is a pound, muscle weighs THE SAME as fat BUT it takes up less space, hence...measurements.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Everyday, but I only actually count Tuesday mornings.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Once a week, but I am not weighing myself at all this month. I am getting antsy about it, but I only have another week to go. I might do it next month, too.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Once a month. After the slowest 8 lb loss ever, I decided to start focusing on my fitness rather than weight. If more comes off, great, but I'm getting comfortable with how I look in the mirror and how my clothes fit.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Every two days, then average the last several weighings.

Would be less often at this point but I'm paying close attention while finding if a TDEE estimate actually has me on maintenance level.
  • graceisfree
    graceisfree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Twice a day every day (Morning and night). I'm obsessed with my scale