Anyone starting the 30 day shred?

Options

Replies

• worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I can give motivation from the end of this as I finished the 30 days yesterday. Altogether I lost almost 10.5 lbs. 1.5 inches off my waist and a total of 6 inches off my stomach! Now I did so it in a straight 30 days and only took 1 day off and that was only because I started getting lightheaded and was forced to stop myself.
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I just did my 2nd day of the Shred. I'm 52 and hoping that it's the kick I need to jumpstart my metabolism. I thought about buying the DVD and didn't want to have to worry about moving around my laptop or finding an unused empty room with a DVD player.

I downloaded it off of iTunes. I have it on my phone, my iPad and my computer and can do it where I want. The two nights I just did it off of my phone - the picture is clear and it comes over great. The small screen does not bother me. I tried watching it off of YouTube but my internet is really slow and it kept getting held up. But, yes it is there for free.

Not following her diet, just MFP. I even took measurements and before pic. Ugh.

Feel free to add me. I have a habit of not following through with something I start gung-ho so I'll be really interested in finding friends doing this too for support.

~Terri
  • nmha
    nmha Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing on the Shred? This is Day 5 for me and I swear its getting harder...anyone else??
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3. I am calling Jillian names and am hurting all over. But I'm going to keep trying to keep it up.
  • missymc16
    missymc16 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 5 and could use some extra motivation.
  • nmha
    Options
    I just finished day 5 and could use some extra motivation.

I'm with you. We can do this!!!! 25 more days. What is your biggest challenge? After motivation, mine is the cardio sections...I feel like a wimp. Let's keep on though, everyday is a day closer to 30 :)
  • retroillusion
    retroillusion Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Done day 7 now! :) almost out of level 1 thank god!!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Must be a real slow shredder if it takes 30 days to shred something LOLOLOLLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL lol
  • raccy25
    raccy25 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey! I'll be starting 30DS later today (25-05-13). I've started level 1 about 3 times now but have never stuck with it! Hopefully with the motivation of this thread I can stick to it for the full 30 days :)
    I plan to check in on here every day after completing the workout so that I'd feel guilty if I didn't do it. Anyone else think 'checking in' is a good idea to keep us all motivated? :bigsmile:
  • nmha
    Options
    Hey! I'll be starting 30DS later today (25-05-13). I've started level 1 about 3 times now but have never stuck with it! Hopefully with the motivation of this thread I can stick to it for the full 30 days :)
    I plan to check in on here every day after completing the workout so that I'd feel guilty if I didn't do it. Anyone else think 'checking in' is a good idea to keep us all motivated? :bigsmile:

I'm game for checking in. It will help keep me accountable!!
  • poptart2012
    poptart2012 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Starting my level 1 tomorrow. This will be my third time starting it and I really hope I can finally get to level 2 with other ladies on the journey with me.

Ha! me too!! I have done week one 3 times.
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am "restarting" it. Tried it months ago, and gradually stopped within the week.
    Started Level 1 today and will hopefully do it for the full 30 days.
  • Whtmask
    Whtmask Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about starting on June 1. I want to do it the entire month of June. I'm a teaching assistant, and it's the last week of work next week before the summer, so it's super crazy. Anyone starting then? I tried it a few months ago, but after a week I was cursing Jillian's name lol, but I'd like to try again.

Anyone doing before and after photos?
  • FearLessNess1
    Options
    I'm going to start it later on today, May 25. This will be the second time I've started it. The last time I gave up within the first week, my body was legit in so much pain. I am all about checking in each day and keeping accountable!
  • missymc16
    Options
    [/quote]
    I'm with you. We can do this!!!! 25 more days. What is your biggest challenge? After motivation, mine is the cardio sections...I feel like a wimp. Let's keep on though, everyday is a day closer to 30 :)
    [/quote]

I'm not doing to bad on the cardio sections. I will admit to only using 2lb weights as level one is getting easier maybe I'll move up to the 3lbs weights and see if that makes much difference.
  • nmha
    Options
    Ok, I did it for 6 days in a row and I'm exhausted today. Staying within 1200 calories but skipping the shred today :( Maybe I'll get a surge of energy after dinner.
  • nani2105
    nani2105 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow!!! Would love to join you and keep ourselves motivated!
  • missymc16
    Options
    I took Saturday and Sunday off from the 30ds, but did walk 10k each day. So on Monday I did day 6.
  • worknprogr3s
    worknprogr3s Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to 30DS June 1st.
  • nmha
    Options
    So..I don't know why but this workout even at only level one seems to be getting harder..I cannot keep up with every jumping jack. Anyone else think its getting more difficult? Not sure why my body is feeling this way. I am on day 8