Swimming and chlorine irritation

Options
mom9198
mom9198 Posts: 83 Member
Anyone have a product that works for preventing or treating under-eye skin irritation from prolonged/repeated chlorine exposure? Essential oils just made things worse. Already tried milk, coconut oil, baby shampoo and Eucerin Redness Reducing cleanser. And no, I can't switch to a salt water or non-chlorinated pool and swimming is my best option for real exercise because of my limitations. Goggles don't prevent the irritation either. Thanks in advance for advice that has worked for you. :-)

Replies

• AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    How annoying. I would hate to suffer from that as I love swimming so much.

I don't really know for sure what might help, but would a barrier cream help?

Hope you find something that works for you.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is a stupid suggestion, but have you considered Vaseline under the eyes before you swim, plus keep wearing your goggles?

**Theory being it'll create a waterproof barrier.
  • mom9198
    Options
    Maybe this is a stupid suggestion, but have you considered Vaseline under the eyes before you swim, plus keep wearing your goggles?

**Theory being it'll create a waterproof barrier.

The Vaseline causes the goggles to slip and keeps them from sealing out the water. I'm hoping the one company that has a decent barrier cream will get some in stock soon. They recommend not using it under the goggles, but I'm so desperate I'm going to try it anyway. Thanks so much for the suggestions. :-)
  • mom9198
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! :-)