Well....here I am....

Options
Hello, I am new to this great tracking system. I am hoping that this will be my breaking point to begin steady weight loss. My problem seems to be that I don't eat enough to lose weight. I do not crave foods, I do not HAVE to have anything, I have to remember to eat or make myself. I can LOOK at something and gain weight. I am hoping that someone else has a similiar issue and can offer tips. Thanks in advance...I am here until the weight goes down...

Replies

• Tonyv01
    Tonyv01 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will find tons of positive support here. Good Luck
  • BiancaK
    BiancaK Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks! I really feel encouraged to be successful...this time. Congrats to you on your 4lb's down! Keep it going!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to this great tracking system. I am hoping that this will be my breaking point to begin steady weight loss. My problem seems to be that I don't eat enough to lose weight. I do not crave foods, I do not HAVE to have anything, I have to remember to eat or make myself. I can LOOK at something and gain weight. I am hoping that someone else has a similiar issue and can offer tips. Thanks in advance...I am here until the weight goes down...
    I have a saying that i can look at a piece of cake and my butt will jiggle for a week....i wish you the most sucess and you will be suprised at how many calories are in things when you start to track the,! Welcome to MFP!
  • LindaChurch
    Options
    Well BiancaK, here I am. If you weren't my friend I might be insulted that you sent me the link to join this group....Haha..well now that I have said that..I thank you very much!
    I am what I refer to as an "AH", that is an "always heavy". I have been heavy since childhood and have only lost significant amounts of weight both times I was pregnant and of course put it all back on afterward. Just since this past spring I have decided that I have had enough. I am 51 and I want to lighten my load in more ways than one but weight would be a good start, so I started walking. I walk at least 55 minutes + every night unless I have something to do, which generally keeps me walking 5 or 6 days a week, but I have not really been dieting, just trying to eat a little better and I have lost around 25 pounds and enough inches to drop 2 pant sizes so I am happy. The problem is, I have not really made the commitment to do anything but WALK! And believe me, that is a big commitment, because I have never in my whole life been a walker..I have had long periods of riding the stationary bike..but walking was foreign to me.
    This opportunity might just be what I needed to make more of a commitment and get this done. Let me just say it now..."I love chocolate and coke", there, I am a coke addict, although I have gone cold turkey a few times over the years but as it stands I usually have about 3 or 4 a week...(yes, I know each one has 16 T. of sugar). So this is my first rule...no more coke.(And no I cannot drink diet, I hate diet coke and would rather just not have any than that)...second I need to get deal with my craving for something chocolate. It is nothing for me to wipe out a bag of goobers...just because I can. Well that needs to stop too! although I have gotten so much better in the last few months.
    So, once again I thank you for sending me this link and I pledge to myself, you and anyone else on here who reads this..I will do this! I look forward to any and all support and criticism because that it what will make the difference, at least for me. Hope to hear from BiancaK and others.
    Well, it is Saturday morning at 7:00 am and I didn't get to walk last night so I will take care of that now!
    Everyone have a much lighter and successful day!
    Linda:love:
  • BiancaK
    BiancaK Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey Linda!!!! Glad to see you here! We have been through a lot together with our boys, so why not finally do something for ourselves! Hope the "No Coke" is going okay. Have you tried Crystal Light packs in your water, and/or fresh lemon....not the stuff in the bottles. I have been walking 45-60 minutes every other day due to my back issues (need to rest my bones for a day). Walking is going well...but I can't get my diet down....I don't eat enough. I am open to suggestions to help me get the 1500 calories daily of the "good stuff". Hope to chat with you soon. :blushing: