End of week two and no weight loss

Options
I guess this is bound to happen every so often, but this week was really hard and for it end with no loss at all just feels like I kick in the guts.

I know it wasn't a perfect week but I kept around my goals and even the one day I went significantly over I was still around my maintenance levels. My knee is better so I was even able to do some exercise.

Does anyone else find this happens to them?

Replies

• jacobjacksmom
    Options
    You are not going to lose every week or every month for that matter. The main thing is that you keep up your hard work and don't get discouraged and quit. Very important to have patience.

Edit to say. At least this is what I tell myself when I don't see a loss for awhile. :)
  • DKimA
    DKimA Posts: 1
    Options
    I feel your frustration. I have been trying everything to lose weight and all I am doing is loosing 2 lbs then gaining it back. I was on Weight Watchers for 4 months. I did lose 8 lbs but for the last 7 weeks I am just yo yoing the 2 lbs. So I thought I would try this website again. I am about to go crazy from trying to lose weight.
  • dortilolma
    dortilolma Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks, it helps to hear of people in the same boat. It's only early days but my weight has been a lifetime issue and it feels like my body has decided that 163 pounds is where it's going to stay. No matter what I do.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I took a peek at your food journal and noticed that you were over on your sodium two days in a row. How close to your weigh in day were they? It might be the cause of you not experiencing a loss this week. Make sure to get your water in and watch your sodium intake before your weigh in day.
  • dortilolma
    dortilolma Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I took a peek at your food journal and noticed that you were over on your sodium two days in a row. How close to your weigh in day were they? It might be the cause of you not experiencing a loss this week. Make sure to get your water in and watch your sodium intake before your weigh in day.

I hadn't really thought of that. My home made Teriyaki sauce is quite high in sodium because of the gluten free tamari sauce I use. I might look into some other brands. We always have Teriyaki salmon on Thursdays because it's my fiancee's favorite meal (it is pretty yummy) I might move my weigh in day and remember to drink lots of water on Thursday and Friday.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 4 pounds last week and nothing this week. 4 pounds was more than twice my average weekly loss. This is the first week I lost nothing. Am I freaked out? Nope. The long term graph of weight loss still is going down at the rate of about 1.4 pounds a week. Now, last week I did stray from healthy eating a bit too much so more discipline is in order but freak out? No.

This is scientific and long term. Consuming fewer calories than I expend means I will lose weight and so will you. Each week I try to learn something new about myself and about healthy eating and try to incorporate what I learn into my behavior. You can, too.

If I eat the proper portions and eat healthy foods, I feel better, I move (exercise) more and I expend more calories. Eating unhealthy food makes me feel funky, dissuades me from exercise, and causes my appetite to go haywire. This causes me to eat more, move even less, and bring my calorie input/output levels out of whack.

Is this quick? No. Does my weight go down equally from week to week? No, fluctuations in salt intake, etc., see to that. But does it work long term? Yes. And I am not just basing this on my present experience but on years of doing this but never sticking to the discipline. This time I have to stick to it. At my age, I'm truly playing with fire if I don't.