Starbucks

Options
standoug888
standoug888 Posts: 126 Member
Is a large cappachino and oatmeal from starbucks bad? Didnt put any of the toppings in the oatmeal

Replies

• thatjeffsmith
    thatjeffsmith Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bad is such a subjective term.

I use nonfat milk there and it really cuts the calories...
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    The website has the nutritional facts.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to a Tall (or Grande, haven't decided yet) Soy Cappuccino once Starbucks opens (at 8....or is 7..hmmm).

I see nothing wrong with Starbucks -- just choose wisely. And I always do an egg white, spinach, and feta wrap from there -- it's tasty and not too bad on the calories.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    yo dawg i heard you like starbucks

t5q7I-thumb-640x426-500x332.jpg
  • zachlesser
    zachlesser Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree that "bad" depends on your definition. Oatmeal at Starbucks isn't bad without toppings (in the 200 range and good nutrition). Consider substituting your Venti drink for a skinny latte or a Venti Iced Coffee with skim and no sweetener.
  • standoug888
    Options
    Yah i ment to say non fat milk but i forgot o lol
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I agree that "bad" depends on your definition. Oatmeal at Starbucks isn't bad without toppings (in the 200 range and good nutrition). Consider substituting your Venti drink for a skinny latte or a Venti Iced Coffee with skim and no sweetener.

Or... drink coffee/espresso and get rid of all that latte/skinny/milk/calorie BS all together.
  • standoug888
    Options
    Yah i dont so the coffee this was my first one in months ive been up for 26 hours camping out for some jordans and still got 3 hours to go so i needed sum energy
  • Inkchick
    Inkchick Posts: 31
    Options
    I agree, just have coffee in some form without all the extra stuff. I like a Venti Americano (25 calories), cold. I do use Splenda (0 calories) and about an ounce of half and half (40 calories). It's 4 shots espresso and then ice and water, made nice and creamy with the half and half. You could add a bit of non fat milk instead of the half and half. You can also order an Americano hot.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Bad is such a subjective term.

I use nonfat milk there and it really cuts the calories...

I agree. "Bad" to you may not be bad to me...
  • BreytonJay
    BreytonJay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i was actually stoked to find out today that my favorite drink-white mocah nonfat no whip has 15 grams of protein! For someone who is trying to watch protein levels this is an awesome find and most definitely getting worked into my calories :)
  • honeylissabee
    honeylissabee Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    For a non-fat cappucino- venti- you're looking at about 110 calories, 10 grams of protein, and no fat. Seems pretty good to me. Of course, adding sweetener will up the calories a bit, but you can always ask for half the sweetener OR even go for a smaller size if you want a sweetened drink. [I hate artificial sweeteners, but I suppose you can opt for sugar-free stuff if you'd like]

And the oatmeal without toppings is 150 calories.

So, 250 calories, 4 grams of fiber, and 15 grams of protein for a breakfast. Not bad. I'd probably just grab a banana or a fruit cup to round out the meal a little more, but I definitely think it was a good choice. If it were me, however, I probably would add the fresh blueberries to the oatmeal in addition to grabbing a banana. The blueberries only add 20 calories
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    One word: Website.
  • kandi_apples
    kandi_apples Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I ask for a doppio (2shots expresso) in a venti cip filled with ice. Then I use a pre mixed protein drink and add it to it. Makes a nice iced coffee with about 100 calories and a source of my days protein. Yum!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    IIFYM
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    None of that is "bad!" but if you are looking for a lower calorie drink with lots of espresso to give you a boost, try an Americana.
  • daltem
    daltem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I get a skinny caramel latte every day!
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    My friend says Starbucks is Satan.

I say Satan's juice is tasty.