Recipe for Breakfast Smoothie??

Options
I'm looking for a good recipe that's quick that I can add to my new morning routine. Something that I can just make and take with me in the morning, wherever I may need to go. Something that's filling but doesn't count as half my calories for the day. Thanks so much in advance for any responses. :happy:

--Gillian

Replies

• springcheeks
    Options
    I use half a cup of no fat milk, a small banana, 3 strawberries or a kiwifruit, a scoop of protien powder (horleys sculpt) and 100g low fat yoghurt.
    You can mix it up with other berries or a slice of pineapple, mango. Nice and easy, and filling!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I love smoothies :-) Here is one of my favorite recipes:

Orange/pineapple/banana (Dole) juice (I use between 4-6 oz) but it's maybe 120 calories for 8 oz
    about 1/4 - 1/2 cup low fat/non fat vanilla (or plain yogurt -- depending on what kind, anywhere from 40-80 calories)
    ONE scoop of vanilla protein powder (100-110 calories depending on the brand (a serving is usually TWO scoops and can be over 200 calories)
    one scoop of ground flaxseed (20-40 calories)
    and some frozen fruit (I really LOVE frozen mango, frozen pineapple and/or frozen peach) --minimal calories since you'll only use a few chunks
    a few ice cubes, blend and enjoy!

--you can use milk or plain OJ but for added flavor I like the blended orange juice

Good luck!
  • Kappa124
    Kappa124 Posts: 24
    Options
    I have a smoothie every morning for breakfast and its delicious! You can add protein powders and such to it as needed, but I just add the following to a blender and go:

1 cup chopped pineapple
    1 medium peach
    1 cup chopped strawberries
    Ice(as much as you want to make the consistency you desire, it has no calories)
    1/2 cup of fat free milk

The entire recipe makes about 6 cups give or take depending on how much ice you add to it! I add an entire tray!
    I make it every other day and eat half one day and half the next, or ill have half in the AM and half with dinner for the extra vitamins and such in the fruit. It makes 2 servings of 3 cups each. Each serving is 113 calories if made with fresh fruit and not canned or frozen fruits. So the entire recipe is only 226 calories all together. Just throw it all in a blender and you have a delicious smoothie!!
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi!! My trainer gave me this recipe and I LOVE IT! i Drink it almost every day! It is really well balanced in fat, carbs, and protein. I drink it at 7:30 and Most days, I hardly ever feel hungry until Noon. Sometimes I have to force myself to eat my snack ( I usually take some fruit to keep my metabolism going)

In a blender throw in:
    1-2oz scoop of whey protein (I prefer vanilla flavored, but chocolate tastes good as well)
    1- Cup of Frozen Fruit (I switch between strawberries, or mixed berries, but you can also do peaches, mango etc)
    1 Tablespoon of Natural Peanut butter (I use Adams creamy)
    1/3 cup or Quaker Quick Oats (You can play with the amount on this for more or less calorie and to make it stick with you longer)
    1 to 1 1/2 cups of water.

Blend away and enjoy!

When I am in a huge rush in the morning, I will throw in 2 scoops of whey protein into 24 oz of water with a packet of Crystal light (one of those "to go" packets). Then I grab an apple and I am on my way. it isn't something you want to do everyday, but it gets your metabolism going in the morning when you are in a pinch.

P.S. If you have a costco near by you can buy all of these ingredients for relatively in expensive. They sell these huge bags of whey protein which i have priced out is the cheapest and is equal to what you get in health food stores. THey also see the frozen fruit the cheapest i have found it. And in several combinations.

Good Luck! I hope that this helped!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hi!! My trainer gave me this recipe and I LOVE IT! i Drink it almost every day! It is really well balanced in fat, carbs, and protein. I drink it at 7:30 and Most days, I hardly ever feel hungry until Noon. Sometimes I have to force myself to eat my snack ( I usually take some fruit to keep my metabolism going)

In a blender throw in:
    1-2oz scoop of whey protein (I prefer vanilla flavored, but chocolate tastes good as well)
    1- Cup of Frozen Fruit (I switch between strawberries, or mixed berries, but you can also do peaches, mango etc)
    1 Tablespoon of Natural Peanut butter (I use Adams creamy)
    1/3 cup or Quaker Quick Oats (You can play with the amount on this for more or less calorie and to make it stick with you longer)
    1 to 1 1/2 cups of water.

Blend away and enjoy!

When I am in a huge rush in the morning, I will throw in 2 scoops of whey protein into 24 oz of water with a packet of Crystal light (one of those "to go" packets). Then I grab an apple and I am on my way. it isn't something you want to do everyday, but it gets your metabolism going in the morning when you are in a pinch.

P.S. If you have a costco near by you can buy all of these ingredients for relatively in expensive. They sell these huge bags of whey protein which i have priced out is the cheapest and is equal to what you get in health food stores. THey also see the frozen fruit the cheapest i have found it. And in several combinations.

Good Luck! I hope that this helped!

OMG! I'm soooo gonna have to try that! Thanks!
  • jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This is Alton Brown's (of Good Eats) Buff Smoothie that I use sometimes....

Ingredients
    4 ounces plain, low-fat soy milk
    4 ounces acai, grape, or pomegranate juice
    4 ounces frozen banana
    4 ounces frozen strawberries
    4 ounces frozen blueberries
    4 ounces frozen peaches

Directions
    Combine the soy milk, juice, banana, strawberries, blueberries, and the peaches in the carafe of a blender. Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 8 hours.

In the morning, or when the fruit is partially thawed, put the carafe on the base of the blender, start at the lowest speed and slowly accelerate to medium, until you achieve a vortex. Blend on medium for 1 minute. Increase the speed to high and blend for an additional minute. Serve immediately.
  • gillian_gail
    Options
    These all sound amazing. Looks like I've got some good choices. Thank you all so much :-)
  • 1crosby87
    Options
    do you happen to know the calorie count on your smoothie sarah