Really Confused about what's happening

Options
Hi guys

I got my weight down to 117 pounds and decided I wanted to maintain that weight, I was very happy with it, I had a flat stomach and abs when I tensed a little and it seemed that I had small legs too, Now only 2 weeks later I weight 118.6 pounds and I kinda knew that I would gain a tiny bit because of regulating my calories(which was 1200 calories to 1500-1700) though now I have a lower belly lump bigger legs what looks like flab and hardly any abs definition and that 'fat' feeling, is this normal for this to happen or do I have to stay on 1200 calories to maintain the skinny look? what could be the cause of all this? thanks people :)

Replies

• aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Are you still downing tons of water? It could be bloat from water retention. And when you upped your calories, did you ease into or just do it overnight? Are you still eating decent foods or did you revert back to pizza and ice cream? (if that's what you ate before, I don't know.) Just a few things to think about!
  • Taylorferguson1
    Options
    Are you still downing tons of water? It could be bloat from water retention. And when you upped your calories, did you ease into or just do it overnight? Are you still eating decent foods or did you revert back to pizza and ice cream? (if that's what you ate before, I don't know.) Just a few things to think about!
  • Taylorferguson1
    Options

I kind of reverted into eating a few biscuits more than I should and saying in my calorie goal, could that be the problem and also had a pizza and maybe not as healthy food, should I stick to the 1500 calories and make sure it's 1500 calories of pure healthiness?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you might just have a bit of bloat. Mind opening your diary?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    1.6 pounds would hardly make a difference in just about anyone's physique. Based on your past (from your profile), you're still recovering from issues on how you view your body.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Taylorferguson1
    Options
    Sounds like you might just have a bit of bloat. Mind opening your diary?

My diary is open to friends just add me!
  • getphit09
    getphit09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    .... is this normal for this to happen or do I have to stay on 1200 calories to maintain the skinny look? .....

Not to sound mean, but, how about maintaining a "healthy look" ? ...all "skinny's" are not healthy ..... just saying ....
  • Taylorferguson1
    Options
    1.6 pounds would hardly make a difference in just about anyone's physique. Based on your past (from your profile), you're still recovering from issues on how you view your body.

IDEA Fitness member

I know I have had problems in the past but I do try hard to look past that and it's bloating I think but I bloat all the time, it may be due to my past problem of starving myself and now my body finds it hard to be normal, though should I try more toning workouts to keep in shape?
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Some foods can cause bloating of course, but I wonder if maybe if the "fat" feeling is just that - a feeling. Sometimes we can be so hard on ourselves, especially if we eat some less than healthy foods. Try taking some measurements weekly instead of using only the scale and mirror to make sure it isn't just in your head. Paying attention to how your clothes fit can be another more objective way to assess yourself.
  • Taylorferguson1
    Options
    .... is this normal for this to happen or do I have to stay on 1200 calories to maintain the skinny look? .....

Not to sound mean, but, how about maintaining a "healthy look" ? ...all "skinny's" are not healthy ..... just saying ....

I know I should try for a healthy look that's why I upped my calories, I just didn't expect the bloating as such you know! I am kinda going for the fit girl look and using the term ''eat for abs''
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

This...didn't even have to look at your profile to agree.

If it is bloating pay attention to the trigger foods that do it and eat/drink less of them. For example, soda does it for me. I had a 22 oz of root beer last night and my belly looks like a small whale calf (totally over estimating that).
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Sodium and high carbs will add a bit to water retention and bloat. And I hate to bring this up but you're a woman and many bloat once a month. Even men go up and down a bit from water retention. Just don't stress it.

Edit for typo
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Good question! I too went into the maintain part of the process and started gaining weight. I ate the same way I did when I lost weight , I kept doing everything the same as when I was losing. Not sure why it happened.
  • Taylorferguson1
    Options
    I will have to check what foods I eat because when I wake up in the morning I don't have to tense up to see my abs, though as soon as I eat ... bang! there we go, does anyone think trying a low carb high protein breakfast would help instead of pancakes (healthy ones) maybe try a nice chicken and bacon omlette with some fruit or something?
  • servalan
    servalan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Are you still exercising? My mom had a similar problem... Her weight didn't change but she stopped exercising. She went up 2 clothes sizes because lean muscle was going away as she gained fat.
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    PMS?
  • Taylorferguson1
    Options
    I had a bad exercise week because of work I had to catch up on I will try another week of healthy and 1500 cals+ eating and working out properly to see if that makes a difference!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I think that the same thing has happened to me. However, I was very pleased five pounds ago. This makes me think that it's all in my head and I might be slightly bloated. I am going to relax about it and continue at maintenance.

If you continue to gain all month it just means that your TDEE is a bit lower than you thought. But wait it out my recommendation.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Your monthly cycle will affect your weight and can make you look bloated. My money is on that. Are you exercising that core and your legs? Without that you will be thin but not toned..
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    water weight.....glycogen stores replenished....drink a lot of water (really learn to love water).