Zumba Question and Proposal?

Options
Krys_T
Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
So I just ordered Zumba today and I am really excited about it! I am wondering if anyone knows about how many calories I would burn on an average, based on the fact that I am 236lbs.

Also I wanted to see if anyone wanted to embark on this new routine with me!?

Replies

• hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I so love my Zumba...whether @ the gym or in my LV!

What do you have in mind for a routine?:happy:
  • MrsMarvelous
    MrsMarvelous Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    when i started Zumba i was about 225lbs.. and usuing my heart rate monitor i could burn 700-800 calories.. depending on how intense the dances were... i love zumba
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Well once I get the package I will be able to see what exactly is in store for me! LOL But I wanted to do it 4 times a week for 45 to 60 minutes. Like I said, I have to see how long the DVDs are.
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Zumba 3 times a week at my gym. It's great! 60 minutes worth, and it feels like only 1/2 of an hour!
  • GrammaPower
    GrammaPower Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    * I have found that doing Zumba & calories burned has a lot to do with how much "Heart & Soul" you chose to pump into each action during the duration of the routine!
    * So my calorie expenditure on a really REVVED up nite & some one else's version of a slowwwww cha cha cha can certainly be very different.
    * I started out using/wearing a $20.00 Sportline Step/Distance/Calorie counter. And came anywhere around 450 - 600 cals per 60 minutes session. Height 5'7" & 172 lbs. I don't have the DVDs , but go to Zumba class in my town up to 3 x week.
    * To know - there is even a Zumba thread here on the community boards.
    * I betcha your mind & body are going to love this! Enjoy!
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    You definitely need a heart rate monitor watch (with burned calories) to get a truly accurate count. Calorie burns can vary a lot based on gender, weight, intensity, etc.

I way around 130 and burn 500 calories in a 55 minute class (on average).

Have fun...Zumba is my favorite!
  • veganmommy04
    Options
    i'm actually about to join the gym, as soon as my son starts back to school, the whole purpose for my joining the gym, is to take the zumba class!!
  • toomuchchunk
    Options
    I have been wanting to do this as well. Maybe I will buy it this week and we can both do it.
  • Krys_T
    Options
    For sure toomuch...that would be awesome!
  • Nevetra
    Nevetra Posts: 8
    Options
    I love my Zumba I have the dvds and i Go to the class at my gym 3-4 times a week I burn up to 500 calories thats when im giving it my all, im 5'5 254lbs