NSV for the week

Options
I am losing my sweet tooth!!!!!

I was in charge of making a birthday cake for someone at work this week. she showed me in April what cake she wanted and I promised I would make it for her. It was a 13x9 vanilla cake with white frosting. Around the sides of the cake, I placed marshmallow peep bunnies in all different colors and on top there were spring colored M&M's and sprinkles. (She found the picture on pinterest and loved the idea). The cake was absolutely adorable.....but it was too sweet. Way too sweet.

My daughter had helped me place the peeps and when we were done, there was one left over. She broke it in half and we split it. I put my half in my mouth and spit it right out. It was too much. I used to be able to consume and entire package of peeps all on my own.....and now I couldn't even eat a half of one. The day we had the cake at work, I ended up with a small middle piece so I didn't have a peep....and I took the M&M's off.

I am getting my need for sweets under control and that's a HUGE NSV for me.

What about everyone else.....what are some of your NSV's for this week?

Replies

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!!

I turned down a taco salad with chips in the work cafeteria! I used my own green leaf lettuce and put a few kidney beans, one spoon of meat crumble, and salsa and veggies in it.

Before, I'd have a plate of chips, loaded down with meat, nacho cheese and sour cream. :/
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    No chocolate for 3 weeks now! Got it out of my system and am NOT tempted at all! :)
  • autniccole
    autniccole Posts: 36
    Options
    Awesome NSV! My NSV for this week is VERY similar. I used to HAVE to dip carrots in ranch dressing to eat them raw. The other day, I got some ranch to eat with my baby carrots at lunch and I took one tiny bite with some of the ranch and it was SO gross. I ate all the rest with no ranch (like I have been anyway for the past 2 months, go figure! :P)
  • lose4good1
    lose4good1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Working towards not eating so much chocolate. For me it is nothing but a bad habit.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Feeling *so* much better emotionally, now that I'm walking every day!
  • lose4good1
    lose4good1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Áwesome exercising makes a big difference how you feel
  • proboho
    proboho Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Very excited, bought size 14 (uk) trousers today. They fit! Before Feb I was squeezing into size 18. Extra good because I have not lost any lbs this week and and not seeing the difference in the mirror.
  • snowmoon13
    snowmoon13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    BP/pulse lowered well into normal Dr says if it holds I can try going with out meds..
    migraine activity improved enough that I no longer live on Advil...
    Knees do not hurt all the time
    sleep better
    can now walk 45 minutes with ease..
    put on last years summer clothes and happy to report that they no longer fit and are now boxed and ready to be donated..
    bought some replacement pieces yesterday and was for the first time in 5 years able to shop in the petite dept.. those of you who are 5'2" and under will know what a joy this is after struggling to find clothes to fit in the plus dept that were designed and made for my much taller sisters...
  • diamier
    diamier Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yeah, sweet tooth is torturing me every day - like an addiction. But with all my willing I was not eating any sweets except of fruits for three days, then, two days ago, I ate half a bun and a mini bun and no more. Later I got the encouragement to eat less sweets - amount of which I would like to eat, not how much there is. I felt like I can handle my sweets intake. These are really best news for me. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!