Really simple things to do with cooked frozen shrimp?

Options
hausisse
hausisse Posts: 90
Hi there! I got some cooked frozen shrimp (it was free at my grocery store with a $5 purchase :p) and I'd really like to have a super simple idea as to what to put on them to make them taste good. I'm talking REALLY simple: like can I just eat them with unsalted butter, or just with salt and pepper, or just with lemon juice, or just with some simple dried herbs that I probably already have in my pantry? Thank you!! :)

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,056 Member
    Options
    With cocktail sauce, lettuce and lemon and avocado. A few crackers completes a delicious shrimp cocktail.

A Caesar salad topped with shrimp.

Chop them up and make shrimp with mayo and celery. Like tuna salad only better.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Peel and saute with garlic butter or with ginger/sweet chili sauce (The Ginger People).
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    This isn't the lowest cal or fat option, but I make shrimp fettuccine Alfredo.
    I thaw them and then toss them into the pasta right before serving.
    You could use a lighter sauce like garlic butter and use whole wheat pasta.
    I'm a carboholic so I also make Parker House rolls and serve with a Riesling wine along with veggies for a nice dinner.
  • quarkenstein
    quarkenstein Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just cook mine without seasoning and toss them into a low carb tortilla wrap with cheese and make a quesadilla :)
  • sznnn
    sznnn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You can for sure just eat them, sprinkle them with old bay or lemon or lime, throw them in with pasta and olive oil or butter and garlic with spices, put them in a salad if you have that stuff, make shrimp salad if you have that stuff around. I put them in tacos with a bit of lime juice.

Or just eat them. Do you not like shrimp? I think they are really good just plain old.
  • hausisse
    Options
    Good ideas! I do have spinach and some frozen veggies already... What sorts of spices go best with shrimp? And I do like shrimp, but I can't recall having had them without seasoning! I'm just trying to keep it all as simple as possible so I don't need to go out and buy anything extra :p
  • DesignerJojo
    DesignerJojo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    We love the grilled fish tacos with jalapeno slaw from the Clean Eating Magazine (recipe can be found here http://cleaneatingmag.com/recipes/classics-made-clean/grilled-fish-tacos-with-jalapeno-slaw/) we sub the shrimp in place of the fish in the recipe.
    We also love the shrimp quesadilla also from CE Magazine found on their website here, http://cleaneatingmag.com/recipes/20-minutes-or-less/shrimp-goat-cheese-quesadillas/

Good Luck!
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I buy Thai Kitchen Green Onion Instant Rice Noodle Soup Mix (like Ramen noodles, only Rice) Throw out the seasonings packet, which is basically all salt, and cook them w/ chicken stock. Before adding the noodles and shrimp, I put in diced onions, diced peppers and some frozen peas. Then I add the noodles to cook and at the last I add some shrimp. It makes a healthier version of the soup, and it is a tasty, easy way to get in a decent supper when I really don't feel like cooking. (They include a very small package of hot Thai seasoning oil- use at your own descretion; I am a wimp so I don't use it at all!) Happy Cooking!
  • hausisse
    Options
    These are all fabulous ideas, thank you guys so much!
  • PosterPens
    PosterPens Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    my FAVORITE way of eating shrimp is to sauté them in a bit of butter, sprinkled with parmesan cheese and pepper. DELISSSHHHHHH!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    boil it then add seasonings
    cook pasta. put it in pasta add mushroom soup
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    garlic, lemon, butter, shrimp. All you need to know. And they're low cal too!
  • jeanywren
    jeanywren Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I always keep frozen shrimp on hand. Makes for a really quick stir fry with whatever veggies you have on hand.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    WOW! You all are motivated. I was gonna say, " thaw and eat with cocktail sauce".

We do throw them in (warmed) with cooked pasta & grated Parmesan cheese.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    do u have lemon pepper seasoning?
    veggies stir fry, lots of rainbow peppers and even chicken all 3 combo.
  • AspiringPinkPinUp
    Options
    I have a super easy easy recipe for honey lime shrimp & it's so good!! Served over brown rice and broccoli (Or another veggie of your choice) & very filling!

ETA: in case you or anyone was interested! http://thedoughwillriseagain.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/honey-lime-shrimp/
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    shrimp tacos!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Thaw shrimp. Open beer. Drink. Eat.
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Dip them in egg whites, roll in panko crumbs with some spices and bake in the oven. YUM!!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    lime juice, garlic, and fresh cilantro.

NOM NOM NOM NOM