No More Excuses -- Week 39

Options
Looks like Sassy and Angela take biggest loser honors again. I think going forward we will have two challenges. So Sassy and Angela, tell us the challenges.

My apologies for being late posting the chart, work backup up, combined with my wife's car breaking down had all of my free time taken up so far this week. As for me, I overshot my weight gain last week on my trip, so far I am on day 3 of the second phase of my diet. I am planning on losing 20 more pounds by the time we hit week 52.

MFP-40.jpg

So for anyone who wants to join. During your 1st week in the group, send me your starting weight, last Sunday's weight, and this week's weigh in (we do them on Sunday). All information must be sent to me by noon Central on Monday. All subsequent week's you just have to give me your current weight from Sunday by noon on Monday.

This is an open group, and we love to have new people join. If you want to join, go ahead and start posting, tell us about yourself, we have been doing this diet thing a while and may be able to answer a lot of our questions!!!!

Replies

• lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    hey Jack my start weight is 209...thanks!!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    my weight was actually 170.8 i just thought the thred had died :(
  • la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Lots of decreases in weights- way to go group keep it up. This is how I started my weight loss with a biggest loser challenge, really motivates you.
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options

I normally send Jack a private msg on Sundays with my #s. Seems to work out for me :)
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options

Jack starts a new thread each week on Monday. The treads are alot quiter now with summer, but through the winter I think everyone just about posted once a day.
  • Angela764
    Angela764 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This week is going good so far keeping up with my exercising and staying under my calories. I always stay under my calories but they are not always healthy calories so my challenge to my self this week is to eat more salads and fruits (healthier calories). My kids start back to school on Mon so next week i will be picking up the pace with more exercise.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day...I will be packing today to leave for my trip tomorrow. I won't be back until Sunday night so I may send my weight on Monday morning. We are getting in one more trip before school starts back. I hate to see summer vacation coming to an end but I seem to have more of an exercise routine during the school year. Softball is starting back too so that will get me moving again. Have a great weekend and I'll see y'all on Monday.
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    hey Jack my start weight is 209...thanks!!

Sorry, I misskeyed when I edited the chart, it will be corrected next week.
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    Thanks for the chart Jack!

I hope everyone has a great active healthy week and weekend. I am doing my best to muster up the energy to go work out. It's like 120+ with the heat index where I live and it just totally drains you. Good thing though that my gym has a really good AC.

Welcome to all the new folks.

Hawkeye
  • tigermom79
    tigermom79 Posts: 740
    Options
    Thanks Jack for the chart! I am working at getting back into a routine. Have made it to CURVES at least every night so far. However, the walks at night with Hubby have been curtailed because of our blasted weather. It is stormy every night right now. very unusual for us for August.......Soon it will be dry as a bone!

So....I have discovered some new recipes so as soon as I have a chance, I will post them for you all.

So far the eating is not too bad this week, but seems like I can't stay away from the ice cream!!!!!

Everyone have a great middle day!!!! ;)
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Had a real good day today, ate well and made it for a 50 min walk. Cool and windy here today. Tomorrow will do W3D2 of all three challenges, pushups, sit ups, and squats. Hopefully will get another walk in tomorrow.
  • redbeard
    redbeard Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been quite the last few weeks. Things have been a bit hectic, causing my schedule to be way off. I roll with the issues pretty well, but I tend to not spend time on here (and a few other sites).

I did manage to work in time today to go give blood. The vampires (American Red Cross) have been calling me a lot lately since I hadn't given in a while. I'm O-Neg, and they apparantly have all O-Neg donors on a special call list to make sure they know it's time to donate again :)

I'm still working on my half-marathon for the end of October. I managed a 45 minute run straight through this morning (before giving blood), which I felt really good about. My pace is a bit off, but I'm just really going for time right now till I build to 60 minutes, than I'll work on getting my pace back to up 6 mph (10 min mile).

Dan
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I need to get under 200lbs! :smile:
  • Angela764
    Angela764 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a question does anyone know if coffee will keep you from losing weight? Have had a great week. I was proud of myself I had family in town and still stayed in my calorie limits and got up early to work out before we would do anything that day. Today I am going to cut the grass for my work out it will be like 100 degrees out there so it will be a good work out.
  • justjack51
    Options
    I have a question does anyone know if coffee will keep you from losing weight? Have had a great week. I was proud of myself I had family in town and still stayed in my calorie limits and got up early to work out before we would do anything that day. Today I am going to cut the grass for my work out it will be like 100 degrees out there so it will be a good work out.

Caffeine brings the blood sugar down, which basically makes you hungry. With that said, I drink iced tea everyday, but you must know the more you drink, the hungrier you will get.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone sorry i'm late with my challenge
    My challenge maybe you can add it in to next week 2x

Sprints- 60 sec sprints - you'll need a treadmill for this -- if the speed i list is to hard scale it to your needs

4 min 3.0
    1 min 4.0
    4 min 3.0
    1 min 5.0
    4 min 3.0
    1 min 6.0
    4 min 3.0
    1 min 7.0

Drink 10 glasses of water 3 days this week.
  • justjack51
    Options
    Send me those weigh ins. I'll try to post more timely this week.
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    Just home from week of camping and drinking!!! Not looking to weighing in tomorrow morning. Hope I am not up too much

susan
  • tigermom79
    tigermom79 Posts: 740
    Options
    Hi team..... We have had a hectic week and it doesn't look to slow down.....Will try and be better about checking in!!!!

Ann
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hi all...We had a great 4 day mini vacation. Just got back today and went straight to softball practice. I am exhausted. I ate way too much on my trip and know I will be up tomorrow. I'll weigh in anyway and see how bad it is. We have one more week off before school starts back. I'll be doing activities daily with my boys to celebrate their last week at home for a while but I'll check in when I can. Hope you are all doing well. TTYL.