plantar fascitis

Options
2»

Replies

• sheltieroger
    sheltieroger Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Another good physio exercise to help with 'broken foot syndrome' (that's what we call it in my family cuz it feels like your foot is busted up) is to put a hand towel on the floor (laid out flat) and while sitting in a chair use your bare feet to scrunch up the towel with your toes and then smoothing it out again.

While you have a flare up it is important to ALWAYS wear good supportive shoes from the second you pop out of bed till the time you pop back into bed.

Good luck!!
  • Planenora
    Options
    Gosh, I didn't realize it was so common. I had never heard of it before until we got an elliptical machine and I went crazy for about two weeks on it. What a mistake! I've been dealing with plantar fascitis for over two years now. It is finally manageable. I tried everything, cortizone shots (only worked for about two days), orthodics (couldn't see a lot of difference), and therapy. The physical therapy was the only thing that helped. Hang in there, massage works wonders. I know this sounds crazy but every night before I go to sleep I use a pizza roller on my heel. It is the closest thing I can find that matches the tools that the therapist used. It feels wonderful on the back of the calf too. I'm very picky about what shoes I wear now also. Earth(brand) shoes are good. Good luck.
  • Planenora
    Options
    Scrunching up a towel and picking up marbles one at a time with the toes are two exercises I had to do with the physical therapist!
  • pinkandloopy
    Options
    have you tried wearing "fitflops"? not a typo, lol f--i-t not filip as I've read that they help. I don't think I suffer from it myself (dyslexic , not even going to attempt to spell it :blushing: ) but I do have a problem with my left foot and having tried, MBTs and other things, fitflops are the only thinkg that ease my pain: they've just launched a range of trainers which I guess would be more useful for working out.
    I also have barefoot vivo trainers which hurt like hell to begin with but after a few months of wearing my trusty fitflops,(the sun finally came out!) they seem fine now and I wear those to exercise in.