From 285 to 208 with picture - 77lbs down!

Options
mgobluetx12
mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
I'm pretty shy, so wasn't sure I wanted to post this, but I'm so happy with my progress that I had to share and let all of you reading know that this is possible for you, too! I've been overweight my entire life and had a terrible relationship with food. I joined up in 2011, but never started logging my food until late July of 2012, so I've been at this almost a whole year now. My relationship with food is entirely different now. I still eat things that aren't good for me, but only occasionally, instead of every day. It has been a long journey with a lot of struggles, but I'm closing in on my initial goal of 200lbs (I'm 6'2) and probably down all the way to 185 ideally.

What really helped me was eating more protein than MFP suggests. I had mine set to 30% instead of 15 % that MFP sets us all at. for a very long time. This made a HUGE difference. Protein makes you feel full longer and helps you maintain lean muscle as you lose weight. If you're struggling and not sure why it's not coming off...I would highly suggest upping your protein.

Anyone who would like a mutually supportive and active friend, feel free to add me.

Before77lbs_zps93e330e7.jpg

Replies

• Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    you look phenomenal - so proud of you
  • MelmothWanders
    MelmothWanders Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the good work. I've always had the best luck focusing on high protein, high fiber myself.
  • Magdaloonie
    Magdaloonie Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!
  • shannongoneau
    shannongoneau Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss is awesome! Keep up the good work. Your totally right about the protein. I know I don't eat enough of it, but when really miss out on the protein I feel like I could eat whatever is put in my sights. You have a great goal, keep it up! :)
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    wow, you look fabulous!
  • esjayyy31
    esjayyy31 Posts: 16
    Options
    That's amazing! Congratulations on your progress! Keep it up :)
  • moonshadows72
    moonshadows72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    wow thats incredible! you look completely different!
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You should be proud. Excellent job.
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and I can imagine feel so much better being 77 lbs down! You're an inspiration, well done!
  • chubbybword123
    chubbybword123 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! :flowerforyou:
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • marooned
    marooned Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! You look great
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    AWESOME !!! way to go !!!!
    you should be so proud of yourself !!
    I am always looking for motivational friends so feel free to add me !!
    Laura
  • MamaparkerParkermparker
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. You look amazing! I have struggled for years and was reluctant to begin again - have not followed through too many times before -. Your post has really inspired me.
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    also !! can you tell me how you adjusted your protein intake on here ???
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    also !! can you tell me how you adjusted your protein intake on here ???

Sure, just go to My Home - Goals - Change Goals - Custom and from there you can change the percentage of each macro. I followed what top nutritionists recommend for losing weight, which is 40% carbs/30% protein/30% fat.

It's tough initially, but I can help you if you need any easy recipes that are of similar macros. It keeps you from eating a lot of processed carbs, which are fast and easy, but not necessarily going to help you in your weight loss journey. It made a big difference for me.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Your doing it & doing it well.

Well did....
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a difference a year makes, eh? You look fab!
  • AlicesNirvanaHealthWellness
    Options
    Great job,,,looking great is the benefit from being healthy
  • JacquiMayCrook
    JacquiMayCrook Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You have achieved so much and are looking incredible. Friend request sent! xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!