McDonalds or Chinese food?

Options
I am really craving both of these places. Which one would be better for me so I could try to stay as much on track as possible? I would either get 2 McChickens with no mayo and a small fry or General Tsos Chicken?

Replies

• justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I supposed it depends on where the Chinese is coming from and how much of it you eat. Also, if it has any vegetables in it...somewhat of a redeeming quality comparativley speaking. I'd go with the chinese. At mcdonalds you'd be consuming 620 calories in the sandwiches, plus the fries. So around 800 in total. Not sure, but i'd guess the chinese is less..

Or maybe just do one mcchicken and fries? Or get apples instead? Or a side salad? Just a few options to help keep you on track
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Personally I would go with the Chinese, but if that is what you want just make sure that it fits in with your diary and go for it!
  • penguina727
    penguina727 Posts: 11
    Options
    Either one would push me over my limit for today but I have done fairly well throughout this past week. Can I redeem myself later on this week by staying under the limit until I am even with calories for the week?
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I avoid chinese food simply due to the sodium. I would just get ONE hamburger...no fries if it was me. I dont go to mcdonalds but would go for whatever one is most similar to a plain hamburder (ie patty, one slice of cheese and salad - no bacon etc)
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I supposed it depends on where the Chinese is coming from and how much of it you eat. Also, if it has any vegetables in it...somewhat of a redeeming quality comparativley speaking. I'd go with the chinese. At mcdonalds you'd be consuming 620 calories in the sandwiches, plus the fries. So around 800 in total. Not sure, but i'd guess the chinese is less..

chinese can be very unhealthy too. id say go for the mc chickens without the fries.

i did just look up General Tsos Chicken and the one i looked at was 293cal per 1 cup serve.

so i guess its whatever you want to eat. if you have the cals.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Thanks, now I'm craving them too.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    0328951bc041bd78518ca02787687948_2314431276_6461a18c4f_z.jpg

best of both worlds
  • Carissason
    Carissason Posts: 21
    Options
    I would choose Chinese... there are some really healthy Chinese meals like chicken and broccoli without the sauce. It's really good.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    chinese....not that General Tsos stuff though..."hot pot" is very good.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    and if you must go burger...go to a better place than McDonalds....Five Guys, In and Out....
  • penguina727
    penguina727 Posts: 11
    Options
    Five guys is overrated. There is no in and out around here. What is more important when it comes to calories? daily totals or weekly totals?
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    NONE
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried broiled skinless chicken breasts cut up and tossed with bottled General Tso sauce and vegetables? It's delicious and does the trick for me.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Chinese is so much better. At least as far as taste.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Big Mac and a small fry for 790 calories :)
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Five guys is overrated. There is no in and out around here. What is more important when it comes to calories? daily totals or weekly totals?

one in the same.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Eat Chinese soup first - very filling and no calories to speak of.

Go light on the rice. Eat a portion of a serving. Bring the rest home for tomorrow.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Learn to cook your own Chinese food. It's fun, cheaper, and much healthier when YOU control the ingredients and amounts. Avoid McD's like the plague. The only thing in that place that doesn't have sugar in it is the water... and even then, who knows.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I would go with Chinese food. Be careful with General Tso's it can really rack up the calories quickly. Most Mcdonalds food is terrible.
  • bkastel
    bkastel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If i just MUST have a burger I get the low carb six dollar burger minus the cheese and mayo. It's 380 calories. Yes it has more fat but I really should be eating more fat while on my diet.