best form of exercise to lose inches on tummy and thighs?

Options
hiya, i want to start a regular exercise routine after my holiday next week, and want to focus on my tummy and thighs to start with, as these are the biggest part of me, anyone got any particular workouts that tend to these areas?

Replies

• mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm not a trainer by any means, but I do know that you can't spot train (I'd have a 6 pack by now - instead, I have a small keg :laugh: ). I think your best bet is to just start moving, get your heart rate up by doing some cardio and light weights plus add squats, lunges and an ab routine (plank, bicycle, crunches, heels-to-heaven, etc...).

Good luck.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    squats and lunges are amazing for your bum and thighs.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    cardio 4-5x week for 30 - 45 minutes each...brisk walking and jogging/running have really helped tone my legs
    strength 2-3x week for 30 - 45 minutes each I use 8 lb wts now, up from 5 lbs., Biggest Loser Strength & Sculpt, and a weighted ball dvd.

whatever you decide, just keep at it...don't stop...find something you like that can become a part of your new lifestyle! Good luck!
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I personally have always had a hard time firming my legs thighs and abs until i discovered Tony Horton's 10 min trainer....believe it or not 10 min trainer lower body and abs will give you legs and thighs you never thought possible.....at least it did for me...lol....and I have tried everything else. Throw in a little 10 min trainer cardio too and your good to go=)
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    cardio is a must to get rid of layer of fat covering muscles, then strength training to tone and tighten.

I'm currently doing TurboJam which targets, abs, waist, hips and thighs. - all of which are my trouble areas.

I started off with elliptical to get the jump start on weight loss, so walking, running, jogging, elliptical are all good places to start then work up to more challenging workouts making sure you add weighs to your routine. I did Brazil butt Lift which was great for sliming thighs and tighten my booty, then moved to TurboJam (kickboxing & dance) to tone and tighten the rest of my body. My arm look fabulous now and i can see my abs even after having twins, my thighs are getting smaller and I'm loving every minute of it.

Find something you like and just go with it. You can go to you tube and find strength training workouts to do at home, and Hulu has great free episode from FITV jsut serach fitness on Hulu.

Hope that helps.
  • jlcanon
    jlcanon Posts: 21
    Options
    Cardio! Cardio! Cardio! Mixed with resistance training you will see results all over your body. A general rule is where ever you need the most work on your body it's going to be the toughest part to lose. Try circuit training and you will see results