Lose inches at the bust & waist

Options
hi all,
I am trying to fit into a wedding dress. I have one year to lose several inches around my bust/waist area (mostly bust). I've always been a C or D cup, but I was hoping to get a little smaller around the band line. Does anyone know any exercises for that region? Much thanks,
Callista

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Spot reduction is impossible. If you lose more weight it will eventually come from there. Where your body stores fat is genetic. There are no exercises you can do or foods to eat/not eat to target where your fat is lost.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    If you do the 30 days shred, it will help with cutting inches. You need to exercise to lose weight and do core exercises. You can definitely do it in a year if you try and are determined.
  • carrots2013
    carrots2013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can any one tell me what 30 day shred is as I would like to know. Thankyou please explain
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    If you do the 30 days shred, it will help with cutting inches. You need to exercise to lose weight and do core exercises. You can definitely do it in a year if you try and are determined.

This was going to be my suggestion, I lost a few inches on my bust, waist, and hips doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. You just need a set of light dumbells and if you have hard floors, a mat. It's simple moves, but challenging, I was 250lbs and had just had corrective heart procedure done for SVT and did it. Good Luck!!! (Also, cut back on your gluten/sugar intake. It helps)
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Can any one tell me what 30 day shred is as I would like to know. Thankyou please explain

Jillian Michaels' program ... I just watched her video on you tube. Seems pretty simple yet focused workout.

Going to start it June 1st in the morning before going to work. :wink:
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Spot reduction is impossible. If you lose more weight it will eventually come from there. Where your body stores fat is genetic. There are no exercises you can do or foods to eat/not eat to target where your fat is lost.

This^
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Quoting this again, cause it's true.

You have a year, so that's good. If you stick to a moderate deficit and exercise 3-5 times a week (pick anything, 30DS is fine, but it's not magic and it's not the only thing out there), there's no reason you can't get to your goal. Just be consistent.
  • callistasky
    callistasky Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just a little bit about me:
    I am of a very healthy mind(read I love myself). I usually base my fitness on goals that are not weight based since I find that gaining weight, even a lb or two can be utterly demoralizing. It's more like when I go to Yosemite I want to hike for this amount of hours. I was 229 when I started in November and now I am at 211/212. I eat very healthy and cook all of my own meals, but I don't exercise much. For the past 4 months I've been going to the gym for 30-45 minutes and that was ok if exhausting. Going 6-7 days a week started to show slow results. I recently added weight lifting for the upper body and that has been really good and I noticed a spike in both weight loss and toning. Now I need to lose about 3-4 inches on my bust in 10 months in order to fit in the dress. Any hints about working that specific area in addition to the cardio and weights I am doing?
    It's generally frustrating because while I'm obese it's not due to soda, alcohol, or fast food. So the "easy" things have already been done. I usually eat 1400-1150 calories a day and about once every 2 weeks have an off day where I eat/drink more.
    Any help? I sure would like any tips :)
  • callistasky
    Options
    Bummer. Thanks. You said where you carry your weight is basically genetic. Any hints on how much one can lose before seeing loss in an area? Any one with experience here?
  • callistasky
    Options
    Dont eat much in the way of carbs, I don't eat dairy (lactose intolerant) eat lots of kale, lettuce, squash and rarely eat red meat.... I'm doing all the right things. Its so frustrating.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Just a little bit about me:
    I am of a very healthy mind(read I love myself). I usually base my fitness on goals that are not weight based since I find that gaining weight, even a lb or two can be utterly demoralizing. It's more like when I go to Yosemite I want to hike for this amount of hours. I was 229 when I started in November and now I am at 211/212. I eat very healthy and cook all of my own meals, but I don't exercise much. For the past 4 months I've been going to the gym for 30-45 minutes and that was ok if exhausting. Going 6-7 days a week started to show slow results. I recently added weight lifting for the upper body and that has been really good and I noticed a spike in both weight loss and toning. Now I need to lose about 3-4 inches on my bust in 10 months in order to fit in the dress. Any hints about working that specific area in addition to the cardio and weights I am doing?
    It's generally frustrating because while I'm obese it's not due to soda, alcohol, or fast food. So the "easy" things have already been done. I usually eat 1400-1150 calories a day and about once every 2 weeks have an off day where I eat/drink more.
    Any help? I sure would like any tips :)

Do the 30ds shred, and look at blogilates.com for core exercises. Continue what you are doing. You can not spot reduce but as you lose weight from different areas and tone, you improve the areas where you have been spot exercising. For example, let's say you are only doing weights and exercise for your inner thighs but nothing for your biceps. As you lose weight allover, when the inner thighs area loses the fat, your muscles will show up, but in the biceps area it will be flab underneath.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    You can't reduce specific areas, it's about all over reduction.
    To lose inches I recommend;
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred
    Insanity (although I'd start with some easier programmes first and work up to this one)

Jillian Michaels has loads of great DVDs which are designed to help you lose inches. They are also known for being quite short and very easy when you are a beginner to exercising. I highly recommend 30 Day Shred and after that there is a few which are longer and more intense, I had a lot of success with Burn Fat Boos Metabolism and I have a friend who had great results from 6 weeks 6 pack.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Carry on lifting.

I lift and am now a 36 band on bras. I have in the past weighed considerably less than I do now (we are talking 20 - 30 lb and wore the same dress size that I am now), but never dropped below a 38 band before.