What do you guys do for exercises?

Options
Just wanted to have a broader view on how other people plan out their exercises :)

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Walk at home 5 mile dvd, but I only do 2nd mile yet I do it 7 times in a row. Today I am supposed to do 8 miles, but I just walked 13km to get wool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fhGXc6W-FI

Walk at home is what's keeping me going cause it's 2 cold 2 run outside for me. Other than that it's situps, squats & pushups.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Men. At least it LOOKS that way. I look like a total tramp because my exercises are named. I have Lance, Ben, Bob, Eduardo, and the list just goes on and on. My friends think it's a hoot.

In reality though, I do Taekwondo on Tuesdays and Thursdays (two hours each night), and on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, I go to the gym to do weights and various forms of cardio.
  • ZooQueen80
    ZooQueen80 Posts: 16
    Options
    My routine is Monday,Wed,Friday 30-35 minutes of weight lifting (arms) including push ups / and 45-90 minutes of dance or Zumba. Tuesdays and Thursdays I do legs and abs, squats, lunges, kickbacks,crunches,etc for 35-40 minutes / and I do 30-60 minutes of dance or Zumba. Saturday I usually do dance or Zumba for 30-90 minutes depends on plans for the day. Sunday rest!

My hubby says I should workout Monday Wednesday Friday and rest in between; but I'm on a mission and so far I'm loving the results! Maybe once I'm in maintain mode!!
  • knpritchet
    knpritchet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love group workout classes! I usually do Zumba or a dance class of some sort. I also try to mix it up with Step or Kickboxing. Yard work also counts as a great workout!
  • Andrea8985
    Andrea8985 Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm a treadmill at home kind of girl. I know I should be doing some sort of strength training, but I'm just not into it. I'll have to find some kind I like. If I weren't so cheap, I'd probably do group workout classes at a gym as well.

I also do some dance DVDS, Tae Bo, yoga and swimming from time to time.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Currently I do 3 days of cardio (C25K) and 4 to 6 days of upper body lifting. I would occasionally substitute lifting with swimming or Yoga. Once I reach my goal of 5K under 30 minutes, I would dial back the cardio slightly and do compound lifts.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I do a standard three day split weight routine with a 20 minute run, and an alternate days, running or jump rope for 30 minutes, plus yoga or a core routine for 30 minutes.
  • Onederchic
    Onederchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I do treadmill 5 days a week and weight lifting 3 days a week. Sometimes I also add yoga but not usually.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I do full body weights 3x a week. Cardio I mix it up. I walk at least 2 miles almost everyday, jog though not as much as I used to in the past because of a bad right ankle, Zumba class which I suck at but I enjoy and it's easy on my bad ankle, kickboxing class, RIPPED class, it involves weights, intervals, poly-metrics and abs work. I also ride the exercise bike occasionally and swim laps in the pool. I take 1-2 days off a week where I do nothing and just relax.
  • AndreannaTamira
    Options
    Swimming, stationary rowing, stationary bike and starting out with dumbbells now ( not very good so far, but when are beginners ever good from the start?) I also walk a lot, 'cause I have no car.
  • genofreek
    genofreek Posts: 75
    Options
    Cardio! I do a lot of cardio because I love it. Elliptical, treadmill, and swimming especially.

I need to do more strength, but I'm actually not sure where to begin. I do ab crunches and use the little dumbbells to help myself work up to it, but the machines totally confuse me and I'm lost on where to start on home/DIY strength routines.
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I pick heavy things up and put them down.
  • blublu_b
    blublu_b Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Flow yoga at the studio twice a week
    Run outdoors twice a week
    Jump rope once or twice a week
    Walk up hills and take stairs whenever I can
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I don't do a huge amount, but try to exceed mimimum recommendations. I do either heavy lifting, or a bodyweight programme twice a week (three times if I can manage it). I usually have a dance class once a week. The rest is bits and pieces of walking, dancing, cycling, exercise DVDs (on youtube), etc. and generally trying to be more active (not sitting too long, going up and downstairs often, walking rather than driving, etc.)
  • themeIcanbe
    themeIcanbe Posts: 23
    Options
    Running, circuit classes and pilates (my reward at the end of the week).
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Lift 3-4 times a week split between upper and lower body.
    Intervals running twice a week, done after lifting - used to row, try and run now
    Running another twice a week.
    Cycle - either commuting 1-2 times a week and a long cycle for fun with OH every other week.

I've just signed up to a triathlon, so I'm going to add in a bit more structure to my running/cycling. I'm going to have to add in swimming as this is the weakest. I'm just starting out on this so only at 15 min, but working up to 30 min 3 times a week.

I like lifting, but when it's bright out doors I prefer my running/cycling to be out versus on a treadmill.
  • Giovanna_Isabella_Santarelli
    Options
    I'm doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred 7 days a week. This DVD is amazing, i saw results within 5 days & even though i injured both my knees i Still managed to do some of the other workouts from this DVD... My arms & upper body is looking amazing!