"If every day were like today, you'd weigh..."

13»

Replies

• Robin_Anne
    Robin_Anne Posts: 54

I am 5'4-1/2".

My ultimate goal is not really a scale number, but a size. i would love to be a size 7 again. Currently I am 181 and a size 12. I just don't see how I'm going to get there without some of the weight coming off. I figure size 7 on me is going to be somewhere in the 150 - 160# range.

The last time I was a size 8 (I'm 5' 4) I weighed 135. So, a size 7 is probably 130 or 125. 150 to 160 is probably a size 10.

Keep up the good work and the commitment! You're doing a great job. It will come off. Maybe follow the calorie suggestion that MFP gives you vs. the TDEE-20%. Wouldn't you have to figure that out every day, anyway? I've got mine set at sedentary (with MFP) and then I add in exercise if I do it that day. If I do not, then I have to eat much less in order to lose or maintain. Most of the time, if I go over anywhere from 2 to 3 days a week, I'm not losing weight. I usually gain back or maintain.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    My ultimate goal is not really a scale number, but a size. i would love to be a size 7 again. Currently I am 181 and a size 12. I just don't see how I'm going to get there without some of the weight coming off. I figure size 7 on me is going to be somewhere in the 150 - 160# range.

You're 39 years old and you want to fit into a juniors size? You know the odd numbers are cut for teenage bodies, right? Even when I was a size 6 (maybe even size 4) I don't think I could have fit into a pair of size 7 jeans. They just aren't made for fully developed women's bodies.
  • Robin_Anne
    The "if every day were like today" means if you ate the EXACT amount of calories (or net calories) every single day (for five weeks straight) then you would lose X amount in five weeks. It's meant to motivate someone on days they are staying within the goal and on days when someone goes way over the amount, it's meant to show you how you can gain weight. Trust me, I've had days that have been way over and when I see what I'd weigh in five weeks if I kept up the calorie amount, it causes me to reduce the next day.
  • AnJulNZ
    AnJulNZ Posts: 186 Member
    Well I'm going to be different and swim against the current here. I noted the "if every day ..." figure each day for five weeks out of interest. Funny thing, after those five weeks I went back and looked. I weighed exactly what it predicted.
  • Robin_Anne
    OP,

You haven't filled out your food diary since May 14th (nearly two weeks ago). From the amounts that you logged prior, it looked like a reasonable amount (1100 to 1400).
  • Robin_Anne
    OP,

So, I looked over the month of May. There were 5 days in total that were filled out. The one thing that stuck out for me was that you seem to be posting calories way under than what they may be.

For example:

May 1st or May 2nd

1 fillet of salmon with teriyaki sauce (you had posted 160 calories). Salmon is calorie dense. I would estimate that to be around 450 calories + marinated sauce (at least another 80)

Example 2:
    1 cup of roasted asparagus (you had posted 20 calories). It was roasted with olive oil. Again, that's probably another 120 calories. So, I'd guess it would be at least 140 in total.
  • Hi,
    Maybe if you kickrestart by reducing calories to about 700 for a few days it will work and make you optimistic. New thought is that the emotions through the adrenal glands and cortisol regulation play a big role in weight management. Nourish emotional hunger. Identify and deal with it and the weight will start dropping off.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    It was pretty close for me. I was very consistent with my numbers, so the estimates were almost spot on. Remember it's just an estimate for 5 weeks in the future. If every day is exactly the same, it shouldn't be too far off...It's when you aren't consistent that it's not gonna be exact.