27 years old

Options
I'm now a fat 27 year old. My birthday this weekend :( I need to get fit and lose weight. Any help or advice would be great x

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    the best way to transform your body is to lift heavy weights and eat less than you burn off. There's a thread called "in place of a road map" that explains how to calculate the right number of calories for steady, healthy fat loss while protecting your lean body mass

stronglifts 5x5 or starting strength are really good programs for lifting weights
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Jefit.com and nerdfitness.com also have a lot of good advice and exercises for beginners, particularly if you don't have access to a gym or weight bench. The biggest thing is to stick with it and not let one bad day convince you to give up.
  • Jacqueline86Chavez
    Jacqueline86Chavez Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Cut out all soft drinks, only drink water, or water with squeezed lemon, orange, strawberry etc (this will help you lose weight fast and in the most healthiest way)

Cut out as many packaged foods as you can

Cut out foods that need to be microwaved

Eat loads of raw veggies, mix them in a blender with fruit and make smoothies or your own juices (GOOGLE RECIPES)

Track everything on myfitnesspal and aim to eat less calories than you are now

Dont skip meals or starve yourself

Cut out take-away foods

Cook with olive or coconut oil

All these thing will not only help you lose fat fast but will transform your body and life!

Keep active and gradually increase your work-outs

Soon enough you will get the hang of eating healthy and you will never look back!! :)
  • Giovanna_Isabella_Santarelli
    Options
    First change your way of thinking... negative thinking has a lot to do with why we gain weight & turn to food in the first place.

Then motivate yourself to lose weight & only be around people who cheer you on. What i did was change the way i looked at food... i would over indulge every single day like there was no tomorrow & eventually i i told myself that food (all the junk food i was having) will always be there for me to eat every now & then but it was not gonna be such a huge part of my life.

So eat healthy & workout! workout! workout!!! If you can join a gym but if you prefer working out @ home then look at some of the workout DVDS available... like the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred = AMAZING!!!

YOU CAN DO IT... Good luck!!!