The German girl looking for some MFP pals ;o)

Options
Hello everyone!

Seeing how everyone is talking about lbs here I'm wondering if there are any users from countries that use the metric system?
Well, a little more about myself:
I'm the German girl (I didn't come up with that one; I've been called that by different people, in different contexts, in different countries) living and studying in Sweden. I never cared much for exercise before but if you've ever been to Sweden and seen people around the age of your grandparents jogging through the park while you have trouble catching your breath... With eating disorders/unhealthy eating behaviors running in my family like the blond hair I've been struggling with my weight and food in general. I think it's about time to change my diet and life style to a more healthier one and that's why I started running and joined MFP about 2 and 1 months ago, respectively. It's been quite successful for me so far but I feel I could get more out of this experience with some pals to share inspiration and motivate each other. Also, I am a vegetarian.

Happy to meet new people! =o)

Replies

• Fingafuud
    Fingafuud Posts: 7
    Options
    hey german girl,
    this is german girl 2. I would love to support you. I usually log every day and try to make use of my gym membership.
    germans unite haha

would appreciate others requests :>
  • lilalief
    lilalief Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi German girl,

I'm your neighbour :) I'm Dutch and I'd love to support you. I log in every day and trying to work out as much as possible, but my exam weeks start tomorrow so sometimes I can't manage. Feel free to add :)
  • mrsnecincy
    mrsnecincy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm English and I live in Cyprus. Would love to support you. Sent you a request.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hey sexy German people. You can add me! I love the German accent btw I'm hoping to go to Germany this year!
  • stephenenglish
    Options
    Lots of German people here in England yesterday, can't think why? ;o)
    Great support is what we all need be in in football or controlling our weight... Good luck to you and feel free to add me.
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Hello from Finland!

Feel free to add me! I'm almost 27, I log every day and I comment my friends' updates as often as possible. New friends are always welcome :)

(The metric system all the way! Ngl, lbs and miles and whatnot do drive me nuts sometimes.)
  • daleinad84
    daleinad84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello from sunny Malta :)

I'm new here as well, feel free to add me! Lbs also drive me crazy hehe!
  • Vinyarddog
    Vinyarddog Posts: 67
    Options
    I lived in Germany from 1972 to 1976 (Canadian Air Force child) - I live in Canada now (metric system also) but I do log in pounds even thought the metric system is all I have ever known.

Add me if you like.
  • feast4dabeast
    feast4dabeast Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have send you a request :)
  • Imapla67
    Imapla67 Posts: 19
    Options
    Gutentag from the Netherlands! And all hail the metric system.

Feel free to add me. I could use some MFP-friends!
  • LindaEmrys
    LindaEmrys Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi German girl! Very brave of you to start changing your lifestyle! I'm from the Netherlands and am also a little confused by the lbs and inches from time to time, since I'm a metric user too ;) Good luck, and if you need any support, you know where to find me! : ) xx
  • pixie_pix
    pixie_pix Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    We may be few in the forum but we exist :drinker:
    Feel free to ad me everyone who likes to see more metric measures :bigsmile:

Greetings from Hamburg Germany!
  • 21sunshine85
    21sunshine85 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am all for seeing more metric measures! I am also from Germany but I am currently living in Ireland, feel free to add me!
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from America so I understand lbs as well, but I currently live in Asia which uses kg so I go by that.
  • zinatara
    zinatara Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm in Norway and am also using metrics. Feel free to add me, I could use more friends.
  • alpenpam
    alpenpam Posts: 27
    Options
    Another German chick here! Sending you a friend request :)
  • AbdicoVeritas
    Options
    Also a Dutchie here!
    Could always use friends so feel free to add me.
    I log every day and my diary is open.
  • AndreannaTamira
    Options
    Hi there, German girl. I am also from Germany, but living in another country. ( New Zealand in my case). Lbs are confusing me. And feet and inches even more so! Anyway, feel free to add me.
  • slender20
    slender20 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I speak German and anyone can add me, German or not:-)
  • slender20
    slender20 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi German girl! Very brave of you to start changing your lifestyle! I'm from the Netherlands and am also a little confused by the lbs and inches from time to time, since I'm a metric user too ;) Good luck, and if you need any support, you know where to find me! : ) xx

I am used to the lbs system now and can use it, but still can't help to convert everything to kg in my mind for me to visualise someone's weightloss! :-)