Does anyone wear workout clothes everyday?

Options
And what do people think about that?

I actually really love workout clothes and I love how I feel in them, and before I go but more I was wondering what people think of people who wear them ALL the time? Are there any negative thought in anyone's mind or am I over thinking thins?

I guess in my mind, I don't want it to look like/seem like I'm "better than everyone" if I'm always in workout clothes. I've kind of gotten that vibe from others who I've seen wear them everyday.

Opinions?

Replies

• Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options

I guess in my mind, I don't want it to look like/seem like I'm "better than everyone" if I'm always in workout clothes.

In the UK, being seen in workout clothes doesn't necessarily mean that the person works out :laugh: If you watch Jeremy Kyle (UK), most of the chavs go on the show in workout clothes :laugh: :laugh:
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    I was thinking of posting a very similar question about how often people wear their workout clothes when not working out! The highest concentration of gym clothes I see outside a gym are at kindergarten drop off; I'd say 80% of the mothers are wearing exercise clothes then, it is my theory that they sleep in them... ;)

As for when to wear or when I wear... I change into them just before I workout & since I do so after dinner, next stop is bed so I'm not doing anything else in them. I feel a bit daggy in 'em though so if I were a morning exerciser, I'd get changed straight away.
  • healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Pajamas in public looks lazy. When i see people in actual workout clothes I usually get jealous cuz they always seem to be skinny and look super hot in them. If they weren't skinny I would think good for them for working on a healthy life.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    hmm there are WORKOUT clothes and workout CLOTHES. i kind of smile at the preppy 'look like workout clothes' and the actual, baggy, worn, workout clothes i find look dumpy.
    i find my yoga pants so comfy, i sometimes wear them all day at home. maybe even to walk the dog. but i avoid wearing them to the store or places where i see/interact with people.
    just my preconception i guess. i wouldn't wear pyjamas in public, yet my neighbours do it all the time.
  • zinatara
    zinatara Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I do wear yoga pants when I'm just going to relax at home. But not much in public.

But my workout clothes that I use for workouts I change into just before and after I go straight to he shower.
  • autumnpennell
    autumnpennell Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    EXACTLY! When I drop the little girl I nanny for off at pre-school, ALL the mothers, and I'm not kidding, I mean ALL are wearing workout clothes. And in all honesty, I sort if doubt that they've worked out. I nanny in a ritsy neighborhood and so it just makes me think they sort of wear them for attention. Thing is, I'm not trying to copy them, I genuinely like work out clothes. And maybe they do, too? Idk.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I wear them to work everyday. I work the graveyard shift and I go to the gym after I get off work in the mornings. Since my workplace doesn't have a strict dress code, I just go into work wearing my gym clothes.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I wear workout clothes for the gym, a pair of shorts for running, board shorts for the beach, jeans and a t-shirt when out, and a suit when at work. Wear what you want but I think sporting the work out wear all the time is akin to wearing P.J.s to Walmart.
  • leslieac3
    leslieac3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I wear workout clothes a lot because it's very hot out here in the tropics and I have foot problems hence the need to wear sneakers all the time.

Here on the island, most women look at me like I am crazy because in Puerto Rico women dress up in high heels, earrings and makeup just to go to the store to buy a gallon of milk. In society here women dress to impress other women, most men don't even notice, they're just looking at boobs and butts.

I was raised in the continental U.S., played sports, and did 8yrs Army so getting dressed up like that for me is only for going to parties. I don't work and I live a block away from the beach, so other than that I spend most of my time in flip flops and bathing suit as well.

I say to HELL with anyone who doesn't like the way you dress. Be who you are and what you feel best in. When I see a person over dressed it looks like they are either trying too hard or have insecurities.
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    EXACTLY! When I drop the little girl I nanny for off at pre-school, ALL the mothers, and I'm not kidding, I mean ALL are wearing workout clothes. And in all honesty, I sort if doubt that they've worked out. I nanny in a ritsy neighborhood and so it just makes me think they sort of wear them for attention. Thing is, I'm not trying to copy them, I genuinely like work out clothes. And maybe they do, too? Idk.

I think they're an easy, comfortable option, and I'm sure they like them if they're wearing them, but yeah, they definately don't signal that any working out has or will be done...!:laugh:
  • srworthy
    srworthy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is my biggest pet peeve! I was born in Canada but have lived in Europe for quite some time now and when I go back to visit friends and family everyone is wearing lululemon, no matter the occasion! It is a little surreal, like being followed by lululemon zombies. There are other clothing items that are just as comfortable and will leave you looking smart rather lazy. Please, for the love of fashion, keep the workout clothing for the gym!
  • fitjules35
    fitjules35 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I usually drop off my kids at school (and sometimes pick up) in my work-out clothes. I go to the gym right after dropping them off. I fit the gym into my day wherever I can, so I might be seen in the middle of the day in my work-out clothes. I have two younger children not in school yet, so when I go to the gym, they go into the gym childcare. I would love to shower at the gym and look pretty after I work-out, but that means my kids are in childcare for another 30 minutes and are all whiny and hungry when I get them. Forget it. I'll shower when I get a chance. I am sure I am judged by people - ( especially if I stop at the store on the way home from the gym!) but I don't care!
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I live in a college town, and workout clothes are pretty much the student uniform. If I see someone wearing them, I'm more likely to assume they're going to class than the gym. Nothing wrong with that, but my student days are long behind me. I'll sometimes wear workout clothes around the house, but never to the office (in spite of a very casual work environment), or if I'm going out for more than a quick errand.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I work at home, and often go for a run in between meetings during the workday. I often wear workout clothes most of the day. I also am down about 10 zillion sizes and because I work at home, I feel less than compelled to go stock up on a new wardrobe. If I am leaving the house for anything, I put on "real" clothes (business clothes for the office, jeans/etc for other). The only thing I may have as "crossover" is a few pairs of old navy yoga pants that are too big to run in, but not too big to wear around the house. If I had to go pick up milk or stop at the bank, I'd probably just leave those on.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Honestly, this is what I really think of women who wear workout clothes all the time, and not just at drop-off or when they're headed for the gym:

I think they send out a signal that they're lazy the other 23 hours of the day. Even if they're fit and went to the gym, it looks like they didn't go home, take a shower, and put on some clean underwear.

After I work out, I can't wait to take off my gym clothes and put on something clean. When it's hot, I put on a sundress. They're more comfortable than gym clothes to me.

Now, obviously, most women who spend the whole day in gym clothes aren't wearing the smelly ones, but if you work out, shower and change into different gym clothes, it makes me wonder you couldn't just put on something that is more street appropriate.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options

I guess in my mind, I don't want it to look like/seem like I'm "better than everyone" if I'm always in workout clothes.

In the UK, being seen in workout clothes doesn't necessarily mean that the person works out :laugh: If you watch Jeremy Kyle (UK), most of the chavs go on the show in workout clothes :laugh: :laugh:

SO true! :laugh:
  • kiern18
    kiern18 Posts: 61
    Options
    My whole wardrobe consists of workout clothes (yoga pants/compression pants) and I only have 2 pair of jeans that fit me now because I have lost a lot of weight. I love wearing workout clothes outside of the gym now because I feel confident. I love wearing my favorite Nike running shoes out too because it forces me to walk faster too and get things done (if I am out grocery shopping, at target, etc...).
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    I only wear gym clothes at the gym.
    I'm a snob like that. :p
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I usually start out in the morning in my workout clothes cos Im either off for a very long walk or a 12 mile cycle I live 6 miles from town so I have to wear suitable attire for the bike,I go in do all my bits and pieces and cycle home again,if Im walking the dogs same story ,after Im finished if Im not going anywhere I shower and put on my PJs!
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I wear mine pretty much all day cuz I tend to work out a couple times a day. I'll run around town in them all stinky and sweaty and just don't give a ****!! But ...I do clean up well at night! :)